When will the '08 Edge be available

Hi, I am new to this forum. First post.

I test drove the Edge a few months ago for the $50 Target gift card (just got it in the mail today).

At the time, I had too many months left on my '04 Pacifica lease.

Well, time is flying by and my lease is up at the end of Sept.

In my area (Southern CT), the pickings of '07 Edge's are getting slim.

Will dealers still be getting inventory for the next few weeks or am I stuck with what they have?

Also, if I order one now would it be an '07 or '08 and would it be ready by the end of Sept?

There are some good incentives on the '07 now but I like some of the new features of the '08.

Who knew buying (or in my case leasing) a car would be such a dilemma.

Any help from the group is appreciated.

Ellen in Ct.

My understanding is that the '08 ordering guide is due out sometime in July. Job1 (initial production) should start early Sept. The '08s should start hitting the dealer lots in mid-Oct.

You might still be able to order an '07 now. If you can it should only take about 4 weeks from order to delivery.

Hi, I am new to this forum. First post.

I test drove the Edge a few months ago for the $50 Target gift card (just got it in the mail today).

At the time, I had too many months left on my '04 Pacifica lease.

Well, time is flying by and my lease is up at the end of Sept.

In my area (Southern CT), the pickings of '07 Edge's are getting slim.

Will dealers still be getting inventory for the next few weeks or am I stuck with what they have?

Also, if I order one now would it be an '07 or '08 and would it be ready by the end of Sept?

There are some good incentives on the '07 now but I like some of the new features of the '08.

Who knew buying (or in my case leasing) a car would be such a dilemma.

Any help from the group is appreciated.

Ellen in Ct.

I live in southwestern CT and my dealer was able to search other Ford dealers from Maine to Pennsylvania for the model I wanted. It turned out that they had one coming in that fit my needs so I took that one. But if you know what you want your dealer should be able to see if any other dealer in the area has one. I don't know where in CT you live but I bought mine from Stamford Motors 2 weeks ago. They are a reputable dealership with a good service department.

I live in southwestern CT and my dealer was able to search other Ford dealers from Maine to Pennsylvania for the model I wanted. It turned out that they had one coming in that fit my needs so I took that one. But if you know what you want your dealer should be able to see if any other dealer in the area has one. I don't know where in CT you live but I bought mine from Stamford Motors 2 weeks ago. They are a reputable dealership with a good service department.

Thanks... I will do that. I live in West Haven and I have a dealer around the corner from my house and another one down the street from where I work. I've purchased cars from both.

I went to Steven's today at lunch and they only had 3 on the lot. The saleman that sold me my current car was out to lunch so I didnt get to ask him.

I have to make up my mind on the options. I say I dont need a sun roof but how can you not want this one. I dont need the nav but it would be nice to have.

I think I've seem all the color combo's so that part is set. I guess I need to know what the bottom line cost differences will be with the loaded options. I have X-plan, so hopefully with the latest incentives it will be within my budget.

Thanks... I will do that. I live in West Haven and I have a dealer around the corner from my house and another one down the street from where I work. I've purchased cars from both.

I went to Steven's today at lunch and they only had 3 on the lot. The saleman that sold me my current car was out to lunch so I didnt get to ask him.

I have to make up my mind on the options. I say I dont need a sun roof but how can you not want this one. I dont need the nav but it would be nice to have.

I think I've seem all the color combo's so that part is set. I guess I need to know what the bottom line cost differences will be with the loaded options. I have X-plan, so hopefully with the latest incentives it will be within my budget.

I blew off the Nav - there is always Mapquest, etc. You have to get the BAMR - it is excellent. Mine is a loaded SEL with everything but the Nav, the DVD and the trailer hitch.

I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

I too was not sure if I wanted Nav. and/or sun roof....in the end I got both am I glad I got the nav its great and the sun roof makes the car/suv seem much roomier . go for it.

Belfast