What Brake Pads you Running

lightguypro

hello everyone, newbie here. gotta say the wife loves the Edge, we have a 2wd sel, she loves it, now its time for a brake job, just wondering what are the pads that are good for the ford, I usually go dealership but money is tight, so dont know if i want to spend 70 bucks on brake pads.

auto part stores keep telling me to get ceramic pads, just not sure if this will be ok with stock rotors, any problem with ceramic, if anyone is running them? are they really that better?

thanks for the input in advance everyone

• 1 year later...

Ceramic pads will be just fine with the OEM rotors. If you have any groves or ridges on the rotors get them turned before installing the new pads.

You will notice that there will be a great decrease in the brake dust on the wheels with the ceramic pads.

I think that my 2009 edge came with ceramic pads because I have never had a brake dust issue.

I checked my front pads yesterday and still have >3/8 inch left after 84, 000 miles with original pads.