Well, we took the plunge!

I finally made up my mind and am buying a 2011 Edge Limited with the 301A package. It is Kona Blue with Black interior. What sucks is no one wanted to play with prices on them. I am going to pay $39,178.00. That is after taxes, title and all. The dealer was upset that I wouldn't do Ford Credit instead of my bank. The more they kept trying to pressure sale me into using it the more leary I got about it. LOL I am going to have a great percentage rate at my bank and it is convenient to me to work through them. I hope I did the right thing but I deffinately do not like pressure sales of any kind. Always makes me a little nervous about the whole thing. They were wanting me to finance through Ford and then have my bank refinance it through them. Is that normal??? DH works odd long hours and has left it for me to get everything ready and decided upon. Now my soon to be car is sitting at the dealership and the check from the bank is at the bank. DH leaves here at 5:30am and most of the time isn't home until 7:30pm. The wait is killing me! I may be old but I can't wait to be cruising in my Edge! :shift:

They also get kickbacks from Ford Credit on a finance - that's why there were pushing it (in addition to your potential $1K rebate).

I did that with my Fusion - financed it to get the rebate and dealer spiff, then refinanced with my bank after 3 months.

OP:

Golden advice here from Allen (akirby) .

Additionally, tell the dealer to lower the price by $750 and you'll consider using Ford Financing... otherwise, there's another vehicle on another lot (even if there isn't) that you'll pick up.

Sorry! She is FWD. The total MSRP is $39,945.00. It also came with the all weather mats and 20" chrome-clad wheels. I had never heard of anyone doing things that way. You know, if they would have just said we get a piece of the pie and will help you out with X amount fine and dandy. But it was no, we will not take off anything but we want you to do the finance here for $1000 and saying that was all for me. I had 3 people coming to me telling me this was best for me and pushing for me to finance through them. They just was too strong arm about it for me to be comfortable with it. THEN (and this rubbed me wrong) one said maybe he should talk to DH about it. :angry: Not the thing to say!

Sorry! She is FWD. The total MSRP is $39,945.00. It also came with the all weather mats and 20" chrome-clad wheels. I had never heard of anyone doing things that way. You know, if they would have just said we get a piece of the pie and will help you out with X amount fine and dandy. But it was no, we will not take off anything but we want you to do the finance here for $1000 and saying that was all for me. I had 3 people coming to me telling me this was best for me and pushing for me to finance through them. They just was too strong arm about it for me to be comfortable with it. THEN (and this rubbed me wrong) one said maybe he should talk to DH about it. :angry: Not the thing to say!

First dealer I went to tried those games. I smelled BS a mile away.

I had to find a dealer about 60 miles away from me, but it was worth it. I got the car I wanted without the games. And best of all, I left feeling I was treated fairly.

Oh, I was pretty PO'd about it! We have bought so many cars from this one salesman that we like to work with that it is shocking. I have bought there 4 vehicles (counting the Edge) since 2001. All new. We have always felt comfortable with the one salesman we use. Not sure what all of the ganging up was about this time.