What is this chiming for?

I get in the vehicle, start it up, release the park brake, belt minder sounds so I put on my seat belt, put it in to drive and go. Then I hear a chime directly follwed by a second chime, then it's quiet and the the dual chime sequence happens again three to four times again. There are no instrument cluster lights lit and I can't figure out what the chiming is for. It ceased about three miles down the road but it is odd. Anyone here familiar with the chimes on the Edge? I have a 2010 model FWD.

I get in the vehicle, start it up, release the park brake, belt minder sounds so I put on my seat belt, put it in to drive and go. Then I hear a chime directly follwed by a second chime, then it's quiet and the the dual chime sequence happens again three to four times again. There are no instrument cluster lights lit and I can't figure out what the chiming is for. It ceased about three miles down the road but it is odd. Anyone here familiar with the chimes on the Edge? I have a 2010 model FWD.

Ā 

Couple of things:

Ā 

1) the Hatch isn't all the way closed

2) if you're placing items on the Passenger seat that are significant in weight, the belt minder may be chiming for the passenger seat as well. My mustang used to chime ocassionally when I had a big pile of goodies on the passenger seat.

Nothing of significant weight in the front seat. Oh and I do not have an option to pull the park brake. It's a pedal to depress. It's possible it may have not been 100% fully released which could make sense if the sensor detected it to be so. It's an option to at least try and check out. Any other ideas out there?

Not really. Not like it started chiming since the accident. It just happened this morning for the first time. I ran a vehicle health report and will check the web to see what it might say and then I did a system check on the car and all came up ok.

Ā 

Ā 

If it started today that is since it got hit so be sure to mention it. Does not take much to knock stuff around when a car is hit. I was in an accident a few years ago and everything fell apart. Speakers came loose, window fell off the track so who knows what shook loose.

LOL ok, so I am just going to pretend that I answered the "since the accident" question with a " yes it happened once post accident a week later". There, I feel smarter. ha ha The vehicle history report shows all is clear also. I did check the parking brake. Depressed it and released it. My husband drove it today and then I just got back from an errand and no further chiming. The damage from the accident is so incredibly minimal, that it would shock me that the two are related. I am in the specialty vehicle business and am very familiar with impacted vehicles. I will post a couple of pics in a second. The chiming thing just seemed odd to happen without any backlit items in the instrument cluster. I also checked the tire pressure and I am about 33 psi on three tires and 34 psi on one so I am having them returned back to 35 psi on all. We have had 20 degree temp changes daily the last few days which I attribute to the tire pressure change. My reality is this vehicle is so much newer than my previous ride that there are many bells and "chimes" that are more advanced so I am also in a learning curve. Also I think I could just be a tad bit OCD and I have already pulled the manual and started a list of items that cause "chimes" so I can do a process of elimination.

I use the PARKING brake on this vehicle especially. My driveway has a slight grade to it and it helps eliminate the heavy lurch when not used. Bottom line is whether manual or automatic, it's a parking brake for a reason. Reduces the stress to the parking pawl, protects the transaxle, cv joints and transmission. I think I will be checking the parking brake like you mention to see if it's loose, simply because I am leaning towards this being the reason for my chimes. Maybe I had released the parking brake but the sensor didn't detect a full release? This makes the most sense thus far. Right now it's in the shop getting some TLC from a body man. I really do appreciate all the input from you guys. I like this forum quite a bit. I dig the heck out of my Edge!!! Only been in the shop for less than a day and I miss it tremendously!