Squeaking

CCL123

Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm in the right area but when I just start up my car and let it roll downhill there is this high pitch squeaking sound.

When I brake it seems to stop and the sound dampens when I step on the gas. The sound then stops after driving for 5 mins.

It started recently when the weather started to change suddenly from humid to cold but I'm not sure if its the weather.

Does anyone know what this could be caused by?

Thanks in Advance!

• 4 months later...

I have something like this. When I go to start the car in the mornings,and let off the emergency brake, there is always a thunk sound. Then when I back out of the driveway you can clearly hear a squeal sound and rubbing sound. This usually lasts about the first 5 mins of driving and stopping and then goes away. If I didn't know better I'd think my brakes were "rubbing". My car is a 2011 and I bought it new in Sept. Should be new brakes??????

i'd say the thunk noise is from the condensation or water in between the pad and rotor face causing the pad to momentarily rust to the rotor and once you release the brake the pad is still somewhat stuck to the rotor, so when you start moving it breaks the rust loose and that's the thunk you hear.

Hmm, so for the sqeuaky sound, I asked the dealer and its because of the type of metal used for the brakes.

Now I'm not sure if you're talking about this, but I find that everytime I washed my car and it has then parked for the night, the next morning when I try to move it, it has this huge (not sure to describe it) low rumble. Kinda like a...low burp that someone tried to containe? :hysterical:

But yah, hmm I'm guessing this could all be because the brakes?

Edited by CCL123