Warranty Question

jeffdelta

My question is does the Ford ESP plan take precedence over the 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty?

If yes, my understanding is the ESP is not as good as the bumper to bumper, but the ESP gives you better rental car options.

Trying to avoid the debate on the merits of extended warranty vs. saving your money, but looking for some discussion on, is it better to wait till you are close to your 3 year/36,000 mile to order the ESP or should one buy it sooner.

Thanks.

My question is does the Ford ESP plan take precedence over the 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty?

If yes, my understanding is the ESP is not as good as the bumper to bumper, but the ESP gives you better rental car options.

Trying to avoid the debate on the merits of extended warranty vs. saving your money, but looking for some discussion on, is it better to wait till you are close to your 3 year/36,000 mile to order the ESP or should one buy it sooner.

Thanks.

Extended warranties only begin after the 3/36 factory b2b warranty expires. You have until then to purchase the extended warranty but there is a $100 extra fee after 12 months.

Unless you're financing the warranty with the vehicle, I say wait until the 3/36 is up to buy it. Otherwise you're just giving them your money to use for 3 years with no benefits.

Extended warranties only begin after the 3/36 factory b2b warranty expires. You have until then to purchase the extended warranty but there is a $100 extra fee after 12 months.

Unless you're financing the warranty with the vehicle, I say wait until the 3/36 is up to buy it. Otherwise you're just giving them your money to use for 3 years with no benefits.

Thanks for that tidbit about warranties. Didn't know that.

Question - if the extended warranty does not begin until after the 3/36 factory b2b warranty, then the claim the extended warranty provides a rental car for repairs really would not start until after the 3/36?

Correct?

Question - if the extended warranty does not begin until after the 3/36 factory b2b warranty, then the claim the extended warranty provides a rental car for repairs really would not start until after the 3/36?

Correct?

The Warrenty starts immediatly. It does not cover anything more than the orginal warrenty other than

you do get a free rental car any time you drop off your car. I have had 2 Sync updates done and both

times i was given a rental from enterprise.

The Warrenty starts immediatly. It does not cover anything more than the orginal warrenty other than

you do get a free rental car any time you drop off your car. I have had 2 Sync updates done and both

times i was given a rental from enterprise.

Do you have the extended warranty or the 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper only?

Correct?

The rental car is the only part that kicks in before the b2b expires. Forgot about that part.