Speaker Upgrade Questions

You know, you might be able to fit a 6½" Bazooka tube next to the spare if you take out the plastic tray.

Hadn't considered that. I'll take a look.

Since you are not a bass hog, maybe a really nice small boxed single 8 incher would cover your needs just fine.

Ok, interesting thought. I did some research to look at the dimensions of a 6.5" enclosure (Ground Shaker SQ6) and the height is 4.25", but the depth is 8". I know there's not that much clearance that far back under the rear seat. You're right in that size would be about the smallest enclosure back that's possible, I just don't want to go that route if at all possible.

This is all helpful. I am learning a lot. Thank you.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

Not sure if I was very clear. I have a single ten inch sub in a small sealed box. I put four 1" legs on the box so the sub fires down and is well protected I have not installed it in my Edge yet but have had it in many other vehicles. In the Edge, I'm gonna just put it behind the smaller rear seat. It will take up some cargo room but it's really easy to move around or take out when I need the extra space. I've never had it slide or move around in any of my Explorers or F150. A small amp mounted under the rear seats will power it. I also recarpet the box to match each vehicle I use it in. It's a great option if you wanna run a 10 or even a 12 incher and still be able to use 100% of the cargo area if need be.

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I have a 2011 limited, and everything seems to come from the Audio Digital Processing Module in the back by the subwoofer, but im looking to take out the sub and put in 2 rockford 12's. How are you all wiring this? Also, I have a RE-Q5, so I'm a little fuzzy on that. Where are you all wiring the RE-Q5? In the front at the head unit or the back by the Digital Processing module?

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I have a 2011 limited, and everything seems to come from the Audio Digital Processing Module in the back by the subwoofer, but im looking to take out the sub and put in 2 rockford 12's. How are you all wiring this? Also, I have a RE-Q5, so I'm a little fuzzy on that. Where are you all wiring the RE-Q5? In the front at the head unit or the back by the Digital Processing module?

In the back is where to do it.

Mine's an SEL with no sub. Is my audio processor in the back? My next step is to add a sub, a 5 channel amp & the RE-Q5 at the same time so I would love to be able to tell the installer what other folks with a 2011 Edge have done with their rigs.

And fishx65, thanks. I appreciate the clarity.

Peace,

DM

And the remote is coming directly from Fuse 35 or is it in the DSP Module? I was reading online and the wiring manual and there is no remote indicated. Also Dingo, did you tap into Before the DSP Module for the RE-Q5 and then after the module add the wires coming from the amp to the speakers? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get a wide sense of an Idea for this install.

Edited by cocolin3