2012 MKX LEASE sounds GOOD

PhillyAnt

So I was going to lease a 2012 Edge but my dealer was telling me that Ford is trying to really reach a certain number with Lincolns and are running some crazy incentives this month which are changing every week. This week you can get into a $48000 MKS for $499 a month. He was telling me that in 2 weeks I will be able to get a fully loaded MKX for the same price most likely. So, would you hold off and get the MKX over the Edge if its the same price? I am thinking I will but wanted to get opinions from you folks. I would think its a no brainer but appreciate your comments.

So I was going to lease a 2012 Edge but my dealer was telling me that Ford is trying to really reach a certain number with Lincolns and are running some crazy incentives this month which are changing every week. This week you can get into a $48000 MKS for $499 a month. He was telling me that in 2 weeks I will be able to get a fully loaded MKX for the same price most likely. So, would you hold off and get the MKX over the Edge if its the same price? I am thinking I will but wanted to get opinions from you folks. I would think its a no brainer but appreciate your comments.

Hi PhillyAnt. :D Well, salespeople sometimes like to play fast and loose with the facts, so you need to obtain all the pricing/lease term figures (cash up front, monthly payment etc for both the MKX and Edge.) and see if they truly match up. If they do and you like the MKX styling at least as well or better than the Edge, then it is a no-brainer.

Let us know what you decide and good luck. :beerchug:

Pay no attention to the salesman behind the desk. Ford adds incentives including subsidized leases for a number of reasons, but chasing a particular sales volume number for Lincoln is not one of them. They don't even do that with Fords any more.

In the end, it's a crapshoot whether the deals will get better or worse. If you can afford to wait and see, then wait and see. If you like the deal now then you might want to pull the trigger now. But I wouldn't make that decision based on any speculation about future incentives because that info is never released to anybody including the dealers.