Lockpick for MFT

Recently I was searching through ebay for ideas/parts for the Edge and came across one vendor that claimed they had a lockpick that worked with the 2011 Edge and Explorer. I got excited hoping it was compatible with the MFT but when I went to the manufacturers site sadly it wasn't. But I did send them an email and they confirmed that the MFT version is in the final stages and should be released after the new year. So maybe we'll all have some working MFT software and a way to get around some of the interlocks they programmed in soon.

Recently I was searching through ebay for ideas/parts for the Edge and came across one vendor that claimed they had a lockpick that worked with the 2011 Edge and Explorer. I got excited hoping it was compatible with the MFT but when I went to the manufacturers site sadly it wasn't. But I did send them an email and they confirmed that the MFT version is in the final stages and should be released after the new year. So maybe we'll all have some working MFT software and a way to get around some of the interlocks they programmed in soon.

too bad it's still expensive as all hell.

I didn't think the lockpick was bad...I think the current version is around 250 but the nav tv version was rediculous at over 400 and requires you to cut harnesses. Still ight be too much for me to justify and I think I'd wait until after the update to see if the software changes have any effect on its functionality.

True but I much prefer the integrated approach if possible. I hate having clutter in the car and having stuff slide around. Besides for me it isn't just video in motion it is more for the other features they block like inputting an address while moving. Maybe with the next revision it will be a mute point but right now my voice recognition is terrible, I have less than a 50% chance of it making it all the way through.

True but I much prefer the integrated approach if possible. I hate having clutter in the car and having stuff slide around. Besides for me it isn't just video in motion it is more for the other features they block like inputting an address while moving. Maybe with the next revision it will be a mute point but right now my voice recognition is terrible, I have less than a 50% chance of it making it all the way through.

Good point. I hate having to pull over to input something or waiting for a red light. rant2.gif

Voice on the nav sucks, but go to sync services and then say directions, etc... It sends the info to your actual nav and you're done. Faster, and more updated.

Never tried the sync services but figured the voice recognition would be the same but I'll give it a try. But when you say more updated what do you mean? Or are you saying it will be the sync directions so it won't use the map and by-passes the outdated data on the nav card?

I loved the voice for nav in motion when I watched my wife do it. Worked perfect every time. I try it and the car thinks I'm speaking another language. Apparently it likes women better because it's not like I don't enunciate.

I'm beginning to think that the microphone in these cars is like the human ear and tuned to the upper frequencies