Front Bracket Delete Code

BIGGY

Hi! Does anyone happen to know what the code would be that the dealer would delete or specify that they DO NOT want the front bracket drilled or mounted for the plate? I'm trying to leave it off of the order but the dealership says they don't know what code to enter to have it left off.

Thanks!

I asked about this before and they knew nothing. I specifically requested no front plate and the option was not added to the order. The ordering manager insisted that there was no code and that it would come with no front plate (all the cars on the lot has a front plate and this is FL where there are no front plates). Well now there is a front plate added to the window sticker and I mentioned it to my sales manager. She got back to me and said she was told even though it has a front plate on the sticker there will not be one when it gets here. I hope she is right because it should be here next week. I already told them I will not be paying for a new front grill if it is drilled for a front plate and that is on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Plate frames are not preinstalled they come separately. They are installed when the vehicle arrives at the dealership

I don't believe that is the case anymore. They are auto added to all cars from the factory unless there is a delete code. The dealer had no idea about the code. They also have no front plate brackets at the dealer. At least not at my dealer from talking to them (largest dealer in the nation by far). That was one of my concerns when the car shows up without a front plate that one would not be installed when it was delivered. Every car on the lot has a front plate in a state where there is no front plate. Stupid.

Exodus, bet me. :)

(You're right on some vehicles, and the Edge isn't one of 'em.)

Picked up my 2012 Sport yesterday and told them when I ordered it NO bracket, they said no there wasn't a code for it and sure enough it shipped from the factory with the ugly thing on it. The dealership did remove it but we had to sign a waiver that it was on at the time of purchase....end result two holes they plugged with "buttons".

Guys I am a Ford dealer in NY. The state requires a front plate bracket on the vehicle here...I watch every vehicle that comes off our trucks and NONE of them have the brackets on them we don't even install them until the vehicle is being prepared for delivery. The code for a front plate bracket is 153. But as I said this just means it will be in the vehicle not put on at the factory. They don't put them on at the factory because not every state requires a front plate. I have attached a copy of the ordering guide used by Ford dealers. Under FREE STANDING OPTION you will notice front plate bracket with code 153 and also a O which means OPTIONAL post-19979-0-68560700-1322780610_thumb.jpg

Edited by exodus

Guys I am a Ford dealer in NY. The state requires a front plate bracket on the vehicle here...I watch every vehicle that comes off our trucks and NONE of them have the brackets on them we don't even install them until the vehicle is being prepared for delivery. The code for a front plate bracket is 153. But as I said this just means it will be in the vehicle not put on at the factory. They don't put them on at the factory because not every state requires a front plate. I have attached a copy of the ordering guide used by Ford dealers. Under FREE STANDING OPTION you will notice front plate bracket with code 153 and also a O which means OPTIONAL post-19979-0-68560700-1322780610_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info. Why do they get added even if you don't order then if they are optional? I made it clear that I did not want one and my order sheet didn't inlcude the code for it but Ford added it when they accepted the order (it's on my sticker). This was for the same car you have (2012 White Plat Sport loaded).

Edited by NWS Alpine

Got my car today right off the truck before being prepped. It had the front plate drilled on. Spoke with the guy who does all the ordering and he even tried to call ford to have them take it off the order but they couldn't. They are not installed at the dealer.

Because of the Radical new grill on the Edge, I made it clear that I didn't want the front bracket. It spoils the look.

I watched the Edge arrive at the dealership with bracket so I know the dealership didn't do it.

My idiot dealership told me that they always order the bracket installed. (as if it was a perk)

I demanded that they give me a new grill w/o the bracket. They obliged. They just happened to have one other Edge w/o the bracket so they did a swap.

Edited by wilsons66604

Because of the Radical new grill on the Edge, I made it clear that I didn't want the front bracket. It spoils the look.

I watched the Edge arrive at the dealership with bracket so I know the dealership didn't do it.

My idiot dealership told me that they always order the bracket installed. (as if it was a perk)

I demanded that they give me a new grill w/o the bracket. They obliged. They just happened to have one other Edge w/o the bracket so they did a swap.

My dealer tried to get it removed before being built and Ford wouldn't do it. Really stupid as it looks like crap with the front place. A new piece is on order so I will be good.

Edited by NWS Alpine

• 2 weeks later...

I detailed my car this weekend and in the process removed the front bracket. It's a pain in the ass to remove. I had to remove the front bumper which wasn't difficult. THe hard part was poppoing out the grill part from behind without damaging anything. Once removed I had to dremel cut the metal stud of the rivets to remove the bracket. I was very careful not to scratch the front part as black shows everything. I think I might just give in an get bumper plus instead of replacing it since it needs to be painted. I don't like aftermarket paint as it's never as good as OEM process.