FWD in the snow

fishx65

Had a few chances to drive the 11 SEL FWD in some heavy snow in the last week. Seems to do pretty good and the stock tires do a good job. Not sure I'm crazy about the anti-wheel spin feature but I need to give it a little more saddle time. Not sure how this system works but I know it can be disabled. Can anyone explain how it works? Does it cut fuel or spark?

Had a few chances to drive the 11 SEL FWD in some heavy snow in the last week. Seems to do pretty good and the stock tires do a good job. Not sure I'm crazy about the anti-wheel spin feature but I need to give it a little more saddle time. Not sure how this system works but I know it can be disabled. Can anyone explain how it works? Does it cut fuel or spark?

Hi fishx. :D The traction control system applies brakes and/or regulates throttle/fuel as necessary. Details are in the Owners Manual.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Fish,

Would you buy a FWD? Sounds like the fuel efficiency might be better. With gas constantly going up it's a factor for me. I'm torn though since I've been driving a Jeep Liberty for 9 yrs. Its been wonderful and really goes great in snow. The last FWD I drove was my old Dodge Caravan which wasn't bad but definately not a Jeep. I'd appreciate your comments. I just don't know.

I picked up this 2011 FWD SEL used from a family member for a really good price so I didn't have a choice. If I was gonna purchase new, I would definitely go for the AWD if you live in a snowy climate. I really miss my 4x4 F-150 and Explorers when the Michigan snows start falling. The Edge handles the snow well for a FWD vehicle but can't even come close to AWD or a 4x4. The Edge does have good ground clearence which should be a big advantage when driving in deep snow. I'm getting awesome mpg but would gladly give up 1 or 2 for AWD. I don't think you will be a happy camper if ya pick up a FWD. I've driven a few Jeep Libertys in my time and can tell you that the Edge is, by far, a much nicer vehicle in every way besides not having a transfer case.