MFT Upgrade 2.8 -> 2.11

I downloaded v2.11 and tried to install it. I reported the result on syncmyride.com and noticed that v2.11 was uninstalled and v2.8 was restored. So I downloaded v2.11 again to my USB stick and tried again. Now the system says "Bad Installation File, One or more of the files being installed on your system did not install successfully." What does it mean? I did a master reset via MFT, but the same message again.

Currently installed SW version is 4.23.11134_PRODUCT

What can I do to install v2.11?

Edited by EdgeGermany

I downloaded v2.11 and tried to install it. I reported the result on syncmyride.com and noticed that v2.11 was uninstalled and v2.8 was restored. So I downloaded v2.11 again to my USB stick and tried again. Now the system says "Bad Installation File, One or more of the files being installed on your system did not install successfully." What does it mean? I did a master reset via MFT, but the same message again.

Currently installed SW version is 4.23.11134_PRODUCT

What can I do to install v2.11?

I wouldn't worry about 2.11. It's not much of an improvement.

Just wait until the big upgrade is mailed to you in January.

Problem is he is in Germany....not sure when/if Ford will send him the update. I would imagine Ford will make it available to ROW but doubt they will mail out the USB drives.I think your best bet is to take it to the delaer and let them do the install if the current upgrade is giving you trouble.

It could be but if two attempts already failed I think I would be hard pressed to continue to try. I still think something was screwed up in my install package for 2.11 since it took well over an hour to complete and now the system is way worse than before. So if it doesn't seem to go smoothly I wouldn't push your luck unless your 2.8 is terrible. I would say bring it to the dealer for them to do or wait for the rewrite.

Thx for the advice. I will wait for the big update because v2.8 is ok for me. I submitted an address in the U.S. and hope Ford will send me the USB drive to this address. :-)

I have the same problem as you. I have tried mu;tiple downloads onto different thumb drives and it wont install.. Called Ford they walked me through it and said take it to the dealer. I wonder if the rewrite will do the same thing??

I

Hey this exact same thing happened to me when I tried upgrading to 2.11! I have tried resetting MFT multiple times both by pulling the fuse and using the menu option. I have also tried downloading the update several times on several different flash drives. Every time I try to run the update I get this error message. I also cannot run the status checker.

The new MFT software cannot come soon enough... :censored:

2ykhljm.jpg

Hey this exact same thing happened to me when I tried upgrading to 2.11! I have tried resetting MFT multiple times both by pulling the fuse and using the menu option. I have also tried downloading the update several times on several different flash drives. Every time I try to run the update I get this error message. I also cannot run the status checker.

The new MFT software cannot come soon enough... :censored:

2ykhljm.jpg

I too cant run the staus checked either???

You have to be puzzled by what the difference is?

We have the same cars save a feature difference here or there.

We downloaded the same update.

Yet for me, it worked flawlessly. It took a long time to update and since I didn't want to just have my car running in my garage I drove it around while it was updating and on file #3 it seemed to take forever and I thought it might be stuck but it eventually moved on and all six files were loaded and executed properly.

Since I use an Apple, the site would only allow me to use Chrome to download it, I can't say I was overly pleased about that but I downloaded Chrome and did as it demanded.

So far 2.11 is working nicely enough.

Is it the flash drive used? Is it a module in the car? Did someone get stuck on file #3 and stop it, to restart it thinking it wasn't working?

There has to be some difference that caused this for some but not all.

Here's the feedback I got at syncmyride.com:

You completed the install, but your online status was not updated yet. If you clear your browser cache and check your version again it should say 2.11. Since you were already updated and you tried to run the update again you got the "Bad installation File" error. This is normal but not very informative, and will be improved with the next update.

Look's like everything is fine.

• 1 month later...

Ever since my infamous week long update fiasco I refuse to do these updates and have my dealer install under warranty. Let them bill Ford for the time! The 2.7 or 2.8 can't remember now update completely hosed my system. Thankfully it was the dealer so there was no chance they could blame me and refuse a rental while it sat in the shop connected via a laptop to Ford. It took them a week to get it working again only to find it had forgotten it had Nav. So back to the dealer it went for another three days! All that for an update.

Me...I am going to take my car to the dealer EVERY time there is an update if nothing else than protect myself from any blame and cost Ford as much money as possible for the problems they've caused me.

What's sad is I'm in the market for a 2013 Shelby and really want Nav but just can't see going through this with two cars! Maybe I'll just update my 07 and call it a day!

Edited by JeffIsHereToo