lowering the edge

milosm

I would like to lower the my edge about 2" , it would help my wife get in .does anyone know of a 3rd party kit I could install, and what would it take? Doug.

Most aftermarket kits (either H&R or Eibach) will lower the car by about 1/2" to 3/4". Trying to lower it by 2" is a lot to compensate for - tires, wheel wells, suspension settings, etc. You're definitely in race mode at that point.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Edge+Limited&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=AWD

Eibach 1.7" in front and 1.3 in th rear

H&R 1.75" front 1.5" rear

Unless you have a bunch of tools and have done this sort of thing before I would recommend going to a shop. Most shops will charge about 300-400 to install plus you'll need to get an alignment check.

Unless you have a bunch of tools and have done this sort of thing before I would recommend going to a shop. Most shops will charge about 300-400 to install plus you'll need to get an alignment check.

I did mine, but I have a bunch of tools and have done this sort of thing before. It's a lot easier than I had anticipated, but I agree that if you think you might not be able to do it, don't try. Take it to a shop. An an alignment is most definitely needed.

Maybe it is just me but I find running boards on a vehicle this size to be more problems. Seems like teh running boards don't stick out enough for most people to realize they are there and when they step past them they often don't completely clear them so all the road grime ends up on you clothes. Maybe it is just the ones I saw but if you go that route definitely try to find someone local with them to check them out.

http://www.tirerack....autoModClar=AWD

Eibach 1.7" in front and 1.3 in th rear

H&R 1.75" front 1.5" rear

Geez, you're absolutely right - I must have lost an inch somewhere. wink.gif

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with one brand over the other? I would think they're pretty much identical, they're just springs, right?

• 7 months later...

I want to lower my 2011 Limited AWD. Do I just need the springs, or do I need camber bolts to bring it into alignment? i have a friend that lowers tons of Mustangs (3 of mine) just wondering about issues with alignment or AWD. And how is the ride?