Fx-r Retrofit project!!

Ok so i decided to start my retrofit. im useing the Fx-r projector and plan on blacking out the inside and possably adding a halo ring, well here is my progress so far....

Fx-R projector

image.jpg

stock ajusting bracket(i had to cut the screw bumps to fit new projector) had to drill new screw holes but didnt get a picture of them

image2.jpg

front view mounted as you can see almost perfect fit

image4.jpg

back view

5.jpg

here is it installed in houseing

image6.jpg

painted insides

image3.jpg

obviously not done yet im waiting on my new shroud and halo to come ill keep you updated . let me know what you think so far

Ok here are some updated pictures.

Not the greatest picture( didn't realize the plastic was cracked until I was almost done)

ab404385.jpg

2635dfa0.jpg

Iv been kinda lazy but I'll get pictures of them on the car this weekend.

Edited by Jeramie630

Ok so i decided to start my retrofit. im useing the Fx-r projector and plan on blacking out the inside and possably adding a halo ring, well here is my progress so far....

obviously not done yet im waiting on my new shroud and halo to come ill keep you updated . let me know what you think so far

Nice job. Any trouble getting them opened up or did you just bake them?

they were a bi**h to get open!!! i baked them heat gun everything you definitly have to take your time everything melts but the glue lol

I know what you mean. They're probably put together the same as the LED parking lights. When I took those apart to install a set of higher power LEDs, I found that they weren't put together with thermoset glue, but were (plastic) welded together. You have to heat them just to the point that the plastic starts to fail and then try to crack them apart as quick as possible. Too much heat and they deform.

At least if you ever have to take them apart again it will be a whole lot easier (I'm assuming you'll be gluing them back together).

I know what you mean. They're probably put together the same as the LED parking lights. When I took those apart to install a set of higher power LEDs, I found that they weren't put together with thermoset glue, but were (plastic) welded together. You have to heat them just to the point that the plastic starts to fail and then try to crack them apart as quick as possible. Too much heat and they deform.

At least if you ever have to take them apart again it will be a whole lot easier (I'm assuming you'll be gluing them back together).

Ya I will be using regular sealant glue just in case

BTW that's awesome that the FXr almost bolts right in. My RX350BX projectors are slightly different but I will basically be doing the same thing. It's very easy to retrofit these headlights other than opening them.

For sealing them up I would use this http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Koito-Butyl-Rubber-Sealer as it's the best OEM stuff you can get. If your housings are really damaged you might need some butyl tape too so it water tight.

BTW that's awesome that the FXr almost bolts right in. My RX350BX projectors are slightly different but I will basically be doing the same thing. It's very easy to retrofit these headlights other than opening them.

For sealing them up I would use this http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Koito-Butyl-Rubber-Sealer as it's the best OEM stuff you can get. If your housings are really damaged you might need some butyl tape too so it water tight.

Ya The fr-x are just a lil smaller projector than stock but i think if I would have went with e55 or TL they would have been a lot harder to fit in there without having them stick out to far. But ya I beat one of the housings up I'm goin to have to fix it up a bit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...