Need someone to program my DVD Nav

I have searched the forum looking for somone to program my DVD NAV to work in my 2008 Edge, it originally had just the 6 disk changer and following instructions on here I upgraded with a unit from E-Bay, everything works except SYNC and the dealer will not do it for me.

I understand I may have to ship it off and that is not a problem, just need it programmed.

Thanks

Rob

Maybe you could try another dealer, one that would be more cooperative, and if not, tell your dealer that you will write to Ford and tell them how unhappy you are with their attitude. I'm sure that they wouldn't want that to happen. Things like this will keep them from getting the Presidents award for service. :finger:

Joe

I have searched the forum looking for somone to program my DVD NAV to work in my 2008 Edge, it originally had just the 6 disk changer and following instructions on here I upgraded with a unit from E-Bay, everything works except SYNC and the dealer will not do it for me.

I understand I may have to ship it off and that is not a problem, just need it programmed.

Thanks

Rob

Hands down..... United Radio out of Syracuse, NY.... this is who does these radios. unitedradio.com or call 315-446-8700 and ask for Ron. Usually a day turn around. Will cost $75 plus shipping to program

Joe, when I told the dealer what I wanted all they could say it is is not authorized by ford, any suggestions on what to ask for at the new dealer? what exactly is it they need to do? does the VIN need to be programmed into the radio or what?

Dealer will NOT do this unless they have an Edge on their lot that is the same year as your car and has a Nav radio in it. And it will cost you $110 from the dealer. All you have to do is contact United Radio like I said in my previous post. I am going through the same thing as you right now!

Hands down..... United Radio out of Syracuse, NY.... this is who does these radios. unitedradio.com or call 315-446-8700 and ask for Ron. Usually a day turn around. Will cost $75 plus shipping to program

I have also been looking for a solution to this problem. I also upgraded my 2008 CD changer with an 08 Nav unit and the usual results. No (limited) Sync, No steering wheel Sync controls, Reverse backup volume is very low and Sub Woofer doesn't work.

I have also been told the dealer needs to find a matching 08 Edge on the lot to "reprogram" the unit.

Will unitedradio.com reprogram the NAV to operate properly with my car and the above issues?

Do they need my VIN or anything other then the Radio?

Thanks!!

Neil

I called ROn and he was very helpful, there is actually a wiring difference and I plan on trying it in the near future, a little hard to do some things right now, just had back Surgery 10 days ago. Hopefully over Christmas break when some family is up we will tackle this and report back

I called ROn and he was very helpful, there is actually a wiring difference and I plan on trying it in the near future, a little hard to do some things right now, just had back Surgery 10 days ago. Hopefully over Christmas break when some family is up we will tackle this and report back

I'll be doing the same thing... gotta figure out the wiring aspect of it. I am hoping it is just plugging in new pigtails and buttons and not actually splicing wires, but I will see and get back as soon as i can too. I had a problem with my first radio I got so I am waiting on the second to arrive.

I'll be doing the same thing... gotta figure out the wiring aspect of it. I am hoping it is just plugging in new pigtails and buttons and not actually splicing wires, but I will see and get back as soon as i can too. I had a problem with my first radio I got so I am waiting on the second to arrive.

Slight update..... did some searching online while waiting for my radio to get here..... The part numbers for the radio controls on the steering wheel are the same.... kinda makes me scratch my head about why we need to upgrade the conrtols... more searching.... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update..... did some searching online while waiting for my radio to get here..... The part numbers for the radio controls on the steering wheel are the same.... kinda makes me scratch my head about why we need to upgrade the conrtols... more searching.... lol

OK, got my radio and installed... The number on it is 8E5T-18K931-EA..... When I power it on it says, "Navigation Fault, A system fault has been detected that may cause the navigation to perform abnormally, Please contact your dealership".... Any ideas what this means? The Nav doesn't work, it thinks I am in Michigan, which I am not... I'm thinking the previous owner of the radio lived in Michigan... lol I'm thinking I also have the wrong antenna, could that do all this too?

The sync and phone buttons on the steering wheel don't work, the others do, so i'm in the same boat.... will need to replace the buttons and the wiring, once I figure it out...

OK, got my radio and installed... The number on it is 8E5T-18K931-EA..... When I power it on it says, "Navigation Fault, A system fault has been detected that may cause the navigation to perform abnormally, Please contact your dealership".... Any ideas what this means? The Nav doesn't work, it thinks I am in Michigan, which I am not... I'm thinking the previous owner of the radio lived in Michigan... lol I'm thinking I also have the wrong antenna, could that do all this too?

The sync and phone buttons on the steering wheel don't work, the others do, so i'm in the same boat.... will need to replace the buttons and the wiring, once I figure it out...

I am pretty sure its your antenna. When I was installing one in my old 2010, I was getting the same error, and it was just a bad connection from the receiver to the antenna. I believe the Navigation systems always default to Dearborn Michigan (Ford Motor Company HQ).

Edited by fathead

I am pretty sure its your antenna. When I was installing one in my old 2010, I was getting the same error, and it was just a bad connection from the receiver to the antenna. I believe the Navigation systems always default to Dearborn Michigan (Ford Motor Company HQ).

THX! Figures.... the little plastic thing that clips to the end of the wire that plugs into the radio was wrong... so I just removed it and plugged the cable in... must be the wrong antenna. Guess I'll have to look for another antenna that works with the radio.

One more thing I noticed isn't working.... The date and time, it won't let me change either... I read online that it has to do with the antenna as well.... hope it is right... now I just need to hunt down the right antenna for this specific radio.

Edited by Dali555

Sorry to anyone who might search this topic in the future.... I'm giving up, too many issues for me.... If you get a radio from an Edge... then it is just changing out the buttons and wiring... but I didn't get that far. Sorry to the original OP, hope you get yours resolved, GOOD LUCK!