Wood Panels???

I didn't notice right off the bat but my new edge has a few wood panels in it...3 to be exact. Is this a mistake? The rest of the panels are the "piano black" i think they call it but the small panels on either side of the steering wheel and the one above the glove box are dark wood panel...

I want to change it, but to go flat black or more piano black? i was just wondering if anyone else has the sparse wood paneling?

Also, while shopping for the replacement panels, i don't see the trio of panels that i need which leads me to believe this was not intentional or maybe some sort of coverup? So i think i have to buy a set of panels which includes way more than i need.

thanks all!

2011 Ford Edge Limited

Tuxedo BLACK

BLACK leather

<3 <3 <3

does anyone know if i can get just the 3 pieces changed?

i've found a bunch of links for entire 20-something piece sets but i like the rest of the interior. just those 3 pieces that are out of place...

Purchase a 1x2' piece and cut out the three pieces yourself.....thats what I did. I wend with a brushed alinuminum. Blends in with the door trim and looks great.

• 6 months later...

I really like the wood grain look, has anyone installed the 20 piece wood grain set into their vehicle? Could someone PLEASE post some pics. Would like to see what the inside of the Edge looks like. I have a 2012 SE and the silver and black dash is a little drab. Wood grain pics PLEASE!

Thank You!