SEL 2013--- ordered today

Doreo81

we just ordered today the SEL 2013 (actually i wanted the 2011 Limited, but you cannot get this without leather seats... and we dont like leather... ) so we got the SEL with some additional things... i was just checking about the Isofix and found this forum... great!!!

how long did it take til you got the car (in germany)? they said it will be may- if we pick it up in bremerhaven, if not we should add another 4 weeks. (we're thinking bout getting it there- roadtrip!!! LOL)

:-)

i so cannot wait to get my car!!! :-)

what colors did you all get??? :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got the ENCS buyers offer right infront of me...

2013 ford edge sel awd

k4j with sel (mcs model - k4j)

it says....

Not sure what to tell you. The 2012 Edge just went into production this past August and I haven't seen any dates for the 2013 model yet. You should ask for a copy of the DORA - that's the confirmation from Ford that the vehicle has been ordered. It's possible they'll start making the 2013s early next year but Ford would have already announced those dates and published the order guide and neither one has happened yet.

got the ENCS buyers offer right infront of me...

2013 ford edge sel awd

k4j with sel (mcs model - k4j)

it says....

EDIT - Doreo, you and akirby posted while I was composing this reply, so some of the information below is now repetitive. Oh well. :banghead::hysterical:

Hi Doreo. :D While we cannot vouch for what the Dealer may have told you or written on an order form or "ENCS buyers offer", there are several reasons why akirby states what he did and I would agree with him. Here goes:

1 - Production of the 2012 model Edge did not even begin until August of this year (only ~4 months ago). So it is doubtful that 2013 Edge production will begin in the first quarter of 2012, and that is when production would need to begin here for one to be in Europe/Germany by May.

2 - The Order Guide for the 2013 Edge is not available yet, nor is the Order Bank for the 2013 model, so a Dealer/Buyer can not submit an order to Ford other than writing down a vague list of what you want and holding it in their files until the Order Guide is available and the Order Bank is open. And even then, available equipment may change with the 2013 model and your "order" would be invalid until properly rewritten.

3 - Relating to #1, there is no production date yet set for the 2013 Edge, since again, production of the 2012 only began ~4 months ago.

4 - Along with no 2013 Order Guide being available, obviously no pricing for the 2013 Edge is available yet, making promises of a "...2013 model for the 2012 price..." a bit premature.

There are other related points, but the bottom line is that there is little chance that a 2013 Edge will even be available in the U.S. or Canada in May of 2012, let alone in Germany. At this point in time, they may as well be promising you a 2014 Edge at the 2012 price delivered to you in May.

Something is not right here, so it would be advisable to ask your Dealer/Buyer for more information so that you are not disappointed come May of next year. For example, ask them if they have the 2013 Ford Edge Order Guide (they don't) and have them show it to you. Without that Order Guide, this is all a moot point and they can not promise you anything. Sure, they will be able to get you a 2013 Edge eventually, but it won't be in May.

Let us know what you find out and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Doreo81 is not actually all that wrong. The way ENCS works is sometimes they do what is called an "uplift"for the next model year. The way I understand it is that they dont neccesarily have the the ordersheet for 2013 but they are betting on nothing changing as far as the body style. So what they do is up the price by about 5% or so thinking that is what Ford will do. Say he orders a 2013 based off the options the 2012 has. He can get locked into a price and when the 2013 model does come out and Ford decides to raise the price by a lot the most he has to pay is the price he agrees on or if the price drops he can get the cheaper price. The only works for the base price though, he still has to pay the ENCS price for the options. ENCS is tricky because I think they only get allocated so many slots for a model year then I think you have to order for the next year. Ordering for the next year is more or less a guesstimate.

As Far as delivery goes I dont know about May but I do know that the Edge is in High Demand so it will take a while. I ordered a 2012 in Oct and it had an initial build time of April 2012 but I was able to get a slot in Nov ( I dont know how) and it just got here this week ( I am in the UK). Also for ENCS overseas yo should not bet too much on the delivery date until you get a build date.

Doreo81 is not actually all that wrong. The way ENCS works is sometimes they do what is called an "uplift"for the next model year. The way I understand it is that they dont neccesarily have the the ordersheet for 2013 but they are betting on nothing changing as far as the body style. So what they do is up the price by about 5% or so thinking that is what Ford will do. Say he orders a 2013 based off the options the 2012 has. He can get locked into a price and when the 2013 model does come out and Ford decides to raise the price by a lot the most he has to pay is the price he agrees on or if the price drops he can get the cheaper price. The only works for the base price though, he still has to pay the ENCS price for the options. ENCS is tricky because I think they only get allocated so many slots for a model year then I think you have to order for the next year. Ordering for the next year is more or less a guesstimate.

As Far as delivery goes I dont know about May but I do know that the Edge is in High Demand so it will take a while. I ordered a 2012 in Oct and it had an initial build time of April 2012 but I was able to get a slot in Nov ( I dont know how) and it just got here this week ( I am in the UK). Also for ENCS overseas yo should not bet too much on the delivery date until you get a build date.

The problem is the May delivery date. At this point it appears the 2013s won't be available until summer or early fall.

ENCS is weird with their delivery dates unless you buy one that is already in stock and even that is not guaranteed. The Delivery date they quote is the very absolutely earliest they can get it to the port to get shipped overseas. That is assuming a bunch of factors that has to happen ( Production date, ship date from factory etc..) that are not even guaranteed. Also ordering this far advance tells me that they are not accepting anymore 2012 orders to be built.

No one should put too much faith in the ENCS delivery date. Until they get an order of acceptance (from ENCS) and a build date (from Ford)....everything else is mainly wishful thinking

Edited by rme09

ENCS is weird with their delivery dates unless you buy one that is already in stock and even that is not guaranteed. The Delivery date they quote is the very absolutely earliest they can get it to the port to get shipped overseas. That is assuming a bunch of factors that has to happen ( Production date, ship date from factory etc..) that are not even guaranteed. Also ordering this far advance tells me that they are not accepting anymore 2012 orders to be built.

No one should put too much faith in the ENCS delivery date. Until they get an order of acceptance (from ENCS) and a build date (from Ford)....everything else is mainly wishful thinking

Hi rme. :D Thanks for the ENCS information and understand everything you are saying.

However, just in response to what is highlighted above in red: In this case, that is the precise problem. Orders for 2012 Edge are still being accepted and most likely will still be accepted even through the promised 2013 model delivery date of May 2012. Dates for closing of the Order Banks and end of production dates are known well in advance and Ford has made absolutely no mention of those dates for the 2012 Edge models.

This also means that 2013's will not see production until well into 2012. Therefore, unless she does not mind waiting until (most likely) pretty well into the second half of 2012 for his Edge, that is the issue that Doreo needs to discuss with her Dealer/Buyer.

Additionally, we wanted to make it known to Doreo that no order has actually been placed with Ford at this point (a misconception she was under), since the opening of the Order Bank for 2013's (and production start date) is no where in sight yet. All her ENCS Dealer/Buyer did was write down what she wants and put it in a file for future reference.

Of course, if Doreo does not mind waiting at this point, then all of this is a non-issue. In the meantime, we just wanted to make her aware of the probable/more realistic timelines (as you also did above).

Hope this makes the points we (and you) are attempting to get across to Doreo a bit clearer. :grouphug:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

i got an fast answer yesterday from the dealer ship:

there you go:

I can't tell who is sending your customer this information but they

just don't know what they're talking about. Ford started releasing

preliminary Order Guides for 2013 Edge in October 2011 and have since sent

two complete revisions. It's true we will not provide the customer a copy

because they are Ford's proprietary documents, but the 2013 specifications

you see in Milquote are direct from the manufacturer. There may always

changes at the start of production but the guides are no longer marked

"Draft". With Ford, that means they are usually very reliable.

The web site they linked is garbage, one of many useless sites that pop up

trying to draw page views with no real content and no connection with the

manufacturer. It also appears to be written by someone for whom English is a

third language:

"2013 Ford Edge, Ford's new 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine is

equipped with. This is only the updated 2011 Ford Edge seems to be the

limit."

Regarding our pricing, there is nothing premature. We've evaluated the Order

Guides, made adjustments to every package and option price based on

equipment changes, and factored in the Estimated Uplift to factor in normal

model year price increases. That price is 100% guaranteed and if the

eventual total selling price is less the customer will be refunded the

difference.

The schedule I have calls for Edge production to start February 2012. I'm

not the expert on leadtimes and delivery schedules but I've copied Harley

Spinks in Technical Services to confirm our EDD.

The only thing scheduled to begin production in February 2012 is the new ESCAPE (not the Edge). I think your contact is confused.

I PM'd a dealer contact over at blueovalforums.com for the most current information. He's the one that posts all the order guides and production dates (he's the internet manager at a Ford dealership) so he will have the official information from Ford so we can clear this up.

I will go talk to my ENCS dealer tomorrow. I am 99% sure that they do have mil quote for the 213 but I also bet they don't have the 2013 specs. When they do these uplifts that means that they do not have any info and they are basically building a 2012 model for you thinking not much will change for 2013 . Although they are ENCS they are still car dealers and they are trying to get that commission. Also they have been known to "stretch" the truth a bit..

Many people do not know this but ENCS is part of the Overseas Military Sales Group, For you military people they are also the same guys who sell Toyota, Audi and VW to military overseas as well as other models. In fact you can order through ENCS and then go to the Audi dealership off base and they will be able to see your info and what you ordered in there mil quote.

Until you get an order of acceptance and an actual build date then NOTHING that ENCS dealer tells you is set in stone. I have bought two cars off them and I am pretty familiar as to how they work.

i got an fast answer yesterday from the dealer ship:

there you go:

I can't tell who is sending your customer this information but they

just don't know what they're talking about. Ford started releasing

preliminary Order Guides for 2013 Edge in October 2011 and have since sent

two complete revisions. It's true we will not provide the customer a copy

because they are Ford's proprietary documents, but the 2013 specifications

you see in Milquote are direct from the manufacturer. There may always

changes at the start of production but the guides are no longer marked

"Draft". With Ford, that means they are usually very reliable.

The web site they linked is garbage, one of many useless sites that pop up

trying to draw page views with no real content and no connection with the

manufacturer. It also appears to be written by someone for whom English is a

third language:

"2013 Ford Edge, Ford's new 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine is

equipped with. This is only the updated 2011 Ford Edge seems to be the

limit."

Regarding our pricing, there is nothing premature. We've evaluated the Order

Guides, made adjustments to every package and option price based on

equipment changes, and factored in the Estimated Uplift to factor in normal

model year price increases. That price is 100% guaranteed and if the

eventual total selling price is less the customer will be refunded the

difference.

The schedule I have calls for Edge production to start February 2012. I'm

not the expert on leadtimes and delivery schedules but I've copied Harley

Spinks in Technical Services to confirm our EDD.

EDITED due to new information obtained from "icecapades" by akirby. See reply #23 on page 2 of this thread. :hearseespeak:

Hi Doreo. :D It now seems that the 2013 Edge Order Guide has been released but had not been posted here or on Blue Oval Forums as is usual SOP. While it is an unusual chain of events, considering all the new information provided by akirby and icecapades I extend all due apologies for any accidental misinformation I provided.

Currently, the 2013 Edge has a Job #1 date of 02/13/2012. So if all the stars align and you get an early production date etc., there is a chance your Edge could see Germany in May or sometime early summer.

Please keep us updated on your progress. :grouphug:

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - Want to point out that contrary to what the ENCS rep stated, as far as I could see when checking previous replies none of us provided any website links, let alone "garbage links". Unless I overlooked something, the only links I found in any of our replies were "auto-links" inserted by the Ford Edge Forum software, not by any of us.

Edited by bbf2530

I believe we owe your ENCS contact an apology. According to Joey (ice-capades) over on BlueOvalForums the Edge is scheduled to begin production next February. Here are the current dates:

11/14/2011 2013 Edge Order Bank Open Date

01/12/2012 2013 Edge Scheduling Begins

02/13/2012 2013 Edge - Job #1 Date

Here is a link to the order guide. No major changes that I can see.

This is highly unusual for 2 reasons. First, Joey usually posts these order guides as soon as they're available along with the production dates. I guess since there were no major changes it wasn't post worthy.

Second, there are no major changes for the 2013 model - it's basically a carry over model. There is no logical reason why it's being released in February which is just 7 months after the 2012 model debuted.

I'm sure we'll hear more at the Detroit Auto Show.

As long as the job 1 date doesn't slip you may actually see your 2013 Edge in May or June. Good luck!

Wonder if it's possible to push the 2013 models out early so they can re-tool for a new 2014 model redesign for mid 2013 release.

Ford sees to be moving towards February-April intros across the board. This allows the new models to hit the streets soon after the Detroit, Chicago and New York auto shows.