SEL 2013--- ordered today

Doreo81

the link he was talking about was postet in the email from me. i found an ford webpage where it also said something like "no date on the edge 2013 yet"...

i was really worried about not having my car in may, what you all wrote but now it seems it will work out... thanks to you ("fordedge addict") :-)

thank you tho

if i have any news i will let you know. i rather will post some pics early in may for you guys from my new EDGE!!!!! lol

and also: i dont care if its an 2013, 2012 or whatever... actually we asked for an 2011 (i was looking for that last year, or now 2 years ago... lol) but like i said they dont have any more 2011... :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE EDGE- LOVERS HERE!!!! :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one that has an issue with manufacturers pushing out new model years way too soon? I really don't understand what the purpose is, why not just have different builds like the 11's or do as some manufacturers do and have a 12.5 model. Most manufacturers are very concerned about resale value/ residual value because it helps them sell/lease cars but doing this kills both. I just don't get it.

Am I the only one that has an issue with manufacturers pushing out new model years way too soon? I really don't understand what the purpose is, why not just have different builds like the 11's or do as some manufacturers do and have a 12.5 model. Most manufacturers are very concerned about resale value/ residual value because it helps them sell/lease cars but doing this kills both. I just don't get it.

Ford is switching their normal model year turnover to late winter/early spring so the new models arrive shortly after they're shown at the auto shows. It doesn't hurt resale value or residual value.

Just because it's always been September doesn't mean that was any better.

I would say it doesn't hurt resale for those purchasing 2013 and on, but for those that purchased prior to that it does affect it. Especially if they continue to open their ordering this early. The 12's just showed up around September and already three months later you can order a 13 and you don't think that will affect their value? People expect model years to be about a year, not half a year, so they are artificially aging the prior models by having an early release like this.

I would say it doesn't hurt resale for those purchasing 2013 and on, but for those that purchased prior to that it does affect it. Especially if they continue to open their ordering this early. The 12's just showed up around September and already three months later you can order a 13 and you don't think that will affect their value? People expect model years to be about a year, not half a year, so they are artificially aging the prior models by having an early release like this.

If resale value was ONLY based on the model year then it would make a big difference. But mileage is also a big factor. If the vehicle is virtually unchanged there will be little difference between a normal mileage 2013 or a low mileage 2012. I did the comparison on an older Explorer a few years ago (same purchase date and mileage but different model years) and I think the difference was less than $300. Mileage is a big factor.

I also noticed that production starts next month - See my post in buying/leasing. I suspect its linked to the "all new" 2014s and the plant re-tooling needed or perhaps production will move out of Canada back to the U.S. for the new model. Is Oakville CA confirmed as the plant for the next generation?

Edited by blankster

This ticks me off because I just bought a 2012 and from what I can tell the lots are full of Edge's that are not selling right now, so in a month or two when the 13's roll out they go on sale and have bigger incentives to move them and all I got were the $1750.00 in rebates. What a bummer. And I disagree that it will not affect value. Value is affected as soon as the model years turns on any particular model.

• 2 weeks later...

This ticks me off because I just bought a 2012 and from what I can tell the lots are full of Edge's that are not selling right now, so in a month or two when the 13's roll out they go on sale and have bigger incentives to move them and all I got were the $1750.00 in rebates. What a bummer. And I disagree that it will not affect value. Value is affected as soon as the model years turns on any particular model.

I just bought a 2011 limited fully loaded. got around $8000 off MSRP.

I don't have anything official, but my dealer said the build date for the 13's are due to start at the end of January/beginning of February. I am going to be ordering a 2013 soon. I have had 2 dealers tell me Ford is no longer accepting new orders for 2012. They are only taking new orders for 2013. So I would think it would be soon.

igcitng,

I did tell the date mentioned in post #23 to my dealer. He said that the information that he had was earlier than that. He seemed to think it has changed since then (post #23 is almost 2 weeks old). He even said he thought it would be end of January. Again, not official. Just what one dealer told me 2 days ago.

There are a few build dates discussed in this thread. Big difference between a Feb build date and a May build date and a June delivery vs a fall delivery. Was wondering if something has been nailed down.

The info in post 23 came from a dealer. It's possible they've been updated since then but those dates don't usually change this late unless there are material issues.

If a dealer can quote you those dates specifically then they're probably accurate. But if the dealer is just making random comments about this date being moved or that date being moved then they're probably just guessing.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact date the dealer told me. He did give me a specific date though. And the date was near the end of January.

Now, it sounded to me like he wasn't just pulling the date out of thin air. He seemed to indicate that he got it from somebody in their department that had just talked with Ford (this is right after he found out that Ford was no longer taking orders for 2012). But I've also dealt with enough dealers to know you can go to 5 different dealers and get 5 different answers. So I really have no idea how valid the end of January date is. Maybe he did pull it out of thin air. I don't know. It is certainly not official, as I said. It's just one piece of information from one dealer. Just providing more information as was requested by igcitng, for what it's worth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice! Looks like you have the same/similar color as our Edge. We really love how ours looks.

We are in the Kaiserslaughtern area about an hour away from you. So its good to see another Edge over here. You will really enjoy it and good luck with any upgrades you decide to tackle. ^_^

I thought that was a Nurburgring section. If it's not, it should be. :)

"I overtook him in the Kaiserslaughtern...."

:hysterical2:

I have been wanting to take my Edge to the Nurburgring. There are a bunch of cars over here that have a sticker of the ring symbolizing they drove it. I dont like to tag my car with stickers, but I think I would make an acception for that one.

i got the mineral grey metallic... whats yours??? at first i was a lil disappointed in the color, cause it looked better at the internet. thats what you get if you buy things you have never seen before.... lol but the more i look at it, the better i like it... haha

ktown is not that far away from mannheim, 30-45 mins... probably faster now with the EDGE!!!! LOL

what do you mean with "upgrades"???

Mine is Metallic Earth. That translates into dark brown with shiney flakes :hysterical2: The color feels buisness professional to me.

I wouldn't say much faster, only because german gas is about $8 a gallon these days, but definately a smoother, more stylish, and a more entertaining ride. I love taking trips to Frankfurt.

As far as upgrades, I have listed them all as links in my signature, I'm talking about taking your Edge to the next level :shades: . Replacing stock lights with LEDs for a "truer white light" look (like this one: LED Map Lights), modifications that are cheap and functional (like this one: Center console tray), and some that are just plain cool (like this one: HID headlight conversion). There are a lot that you can do for just a few dollars. I actually have some LEDs left over from my upgrades that I would be willing to send your way. You could swap out the lights above your license plate and your map lights if you wanted. Feel free to PM me and we can talk about it. With you living in Germany, shipping would be pretty fast =)