Going to order a new Edge

jak508

My lease is up on my MKX at the end of March. I decided to order an Edge Limited this week to get exactly what I want. Just spoke to the dealer and he said it will be a 2013.

No real changes except for colors. He recommended I go to the 2013 Ford Escape web site to see the colors since they will be the same for the Edge.

This is the tough part not seeing them in person, but I am leaning toward the Kodiak Brown with Sienna/Black interior. Wish me luck!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, my 2013 Ford Edge Limited has been built and visiting the dealer today he said it has just been released for shipping.

He says it will be here the second week of March and will include the updated My Ford Touch. :happy feet:

If you give me the vin number i can tell you if what he said is accurate.

Thanks for the offer. I have already printed out the window sticker and he showed me the screens that showed the ETA. If something falls through

I certainly will give you a shout.

I was not going to look at the window sticker as it does not give you any information on what

version of sync is on the car. What i was going to do is go into the sync account for the vehicle

as a guest to see what version is installed. I can view this without needing the user name or

password. The only thing i can view is sync info and updates available. Just wanted to see if

the new version of sync was really on it.

Don't mean to thread hijack but did we ever find out why Ford is building 2013 models so much earlier than they have in the past? Just trying to think ahead and figure out the impact that so many 2013s (and so few 2012s) will have on the future used car market, especially as it relates to my 2011.

My salesman said they moved up the timetable because of the MFT upgrades. Whether you can believe them or not is another story.

That's the only explanation I can come up with, but I'm not sure why they couldn't just incorporate it as part of a Job 2. I'm leasing my new Edge a month earlier than I was planning to because of the uncertainty over what the inventory of 2012s will look like and what lease rates and incentives will apply to 2013 models.