Windshield squirters

Dingo

I don't mind the black on mine, I think silver would look nice though. You will have to let us know how they hold up.

I did the ones on my '07 Sport Trac, and 4 years later, when I sold it, they still matched the hood perfectly and looked great. I use actual Ford paint and clearcoat.

What a great idea, I think I will have to go the "paint it" route. The black on Ingot Silver just doesn't hack it. Did Ford have a spray paint, or did you use the "brush on" paint?

My wife's '09 MKS has the nozzles built in, they are in the plastic cowl around the wipers, and there are 3 of them, really gives a good spray of winndshield cleaner.

True enough. Maybe in the spring time I'll take care of that and give them a bit of glitter. hysterical.gif

How did the Dynamat work out? Any noticeable difference in sound?

Yes. Much less tinny, and less road noise.

Joe, I airbrushed them. I've already ordered a couple new ones as back-ups. You pay materials and shipping and I'll shoot them for you.

Yes. Much less tinny, and less road noise.

Nice. I'll have to wait for a couple of months until it warms to get a chance to really work on the car (Georgia is a little warmer this time of year than Minnesota) but adding some Dynamat is on my list of tweaks I was going to do.

Any other areas you think would benefit from some sound deadening?

Really like the idea and the parts should be pretty cheap so there is minimal risk in screwing it up. But with that said if you are going to be setting up a little assembly line let me know.

Well, here's the problem... I don't care about making money on them. They are time consuming, though, and I'm pretty anal about results. Perhaps if we could get 2 or 3 folks with the same color at the same time, it'd be less of a bitch. And the parts are cheap. 2 nozzles is about $14. The primer, paint, and clear is about $20. I'll do masking tape for free. :) Shipping and packing materials, about $7, So it really wouldn't be much.

Nice. I'll have to wait for a couple of months until it warms to get a chance to really work on the car (Georgia is a little warmer this time of year than Minnesota) but adding some Dynamat is on my list of tweaks I was going to do.

Any other areas you think would benefit from some sound deadening?

I've done the cargo floor and hood so far, just as other things in those areas have come up. Both have been a great difference for an already quiet vehicle. I have 2.5 more bulk packs in the garage for when I get time to do it all.

The first thing I did not care for were the BLACK squirters on our WHITE SUEDE '12 SEL. I ordered a bottle of touch up paint, removed the squirters (fairly simple), gave them two coats and they look fine. Try to give the bottom gasket a little more attention with the paint as it is rubber and may have a tendency to peel because of the flexiblity factor. At least now, when driving, I do not have to be distracted with the black dots in front of me. As one of the members said "maybe too much time on my hands" but well worth it. Thanks guys.