Hi guys,

looking for some help ASAP! I received my 9006 hid kit from ddm tuning. I was happy hooked everything up and everything works great. Had one heck of a time removing the stock bulbs but did it. Now the problem I'm running in to is for the life of me I can't get the hid bulbs to fit into the socket. Now I have already trimmed the 9006 kit to match the stock edge bulbs and no luck. I can't even fit the stock ford edge bulbs back in to the socket. It almost seems like their is way too much retention on the socket. I can get the tabs to align but just can't get enough force behind it to push all the tabs in place. The most I can get are two tabs to align and then my lighting is way off. Please any suggestions before I have to remove the front bumper and try to remove the whole headlight assembly. Thanks guys.

NWS Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble. I will probably try and tackle this project this Saturday morning. Any tips on removing the bumper? Also once I get the bulbs in what way is the best way to align them so I get an even beam pattern? I have heard it is easy to install them upside down. Anyhow I still think it's crazy we have to remove our front bumpers just to install headlight bulbs but once again I appreciate your help on this.

I have an 07' Ford Edge, and I recently replaced both headlights with Sylvania 9007/H11 replacement bulbs. Overall, I was pleased with it not taking too long to accomplish. I started with the passenger side for practice and had no issues, but then the driver's side was a bitch!! I practically had to tear the old bulb out, and I broke the stupid plastic clip (really serves no purpose since the bulb snaps in anyway). Yesterday, I had to replace both headlights in my 08' Ranger, and it was 10 times worse and took me over an hour. I had two metal tabs on each side that I had to lift, and then, I had to remove the whole headlight assembly housing. When I went to put things back, I couldn't get the screws to align and the tabs placed correctly. I had the same issue with the bulbs -- the passenger side was pretty easy, but the driver side I broke the plastic clip. Also, the Ranger has a strange gas-can like circled cap that screws on to protect the bulb in the housing, and I couldn't get that on either. Overall, I replaced four headlights on two vehicles in less than a month (more than I've had to do in the last ten years). I should be set for a while.