Headlights

Love my 2012 Edge Ecoboost except the headlights. Worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. Vision difference between low & high beam is almost zero. Checked aim according to the manual & adjustment is correct.

I agree. Compared to using the fog and head lights on my freestyle, the edge's lights are pitifully dim.

Pretty soon, we will be considering a 2013 SEL (Ginger Ale or Mineral Gray w/ charcoal interior). However, one of the things that kind of ruffles my feathers is that the option that I desire (HIDs) is bundled into a package with an option that I don't want (BAMR) and only sold on the Limited. Please, Ford. Listen to your consumers and unbundle the HIDs unless you want us to go aftermarket.

Pretty soon, we will be considering a 2013 SEL (Ginger Ale or Mineral Gray w/ charcoal interior). However, one of the things that kind of ruffles my feathers is that the option that I desire (HIDs) is bundled into a package with an option that I don't want (BAMR) and only sold on the Limited. Please, Ford. Listen to your consumers and unbundle the HIDs unless you want us to go aftermarket.

a marketing ploy to get you to buy more car than you want or need. just like cable providers, bundle crap channels with the one you just want. nothing will ever change.

Have the HID's on my MKX, and am very pleased with both low & high beams. Yeah, I did load up with the Elite pkg, 20" chromies, wood pkg, but what the hell, I'm only going around once. Ford should make the HID's standard equipment, as a safety feature.........................they really improve night vision. Car manufacturers can now give you airbags up the ass, why not make HID's mandatory ??? :censored: .