Brembo Brake Kit

Sam I Am

I am looking on both performance and looks. I work nights and usually when I'm on my way home there is nobody on the roads and I mean nobody!! The only things I see are the deer, so I'm usually driving pretty fast. I need the brakes to stop a little better and have no trouble shelling out the money to fix that issue. I just wanted to know if the brembos would work with the stock wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a rotor upgrade to mine. Well I bought my 07 used and the rotars were shot so I did what any sensible person would do. Put the same amount of money into parts that fix the problem and make your vehicle look a little nicer.

Ā 

post-20411-0-34314400-1331248570_thumb.jpg

Ā 

As quite a nice surprise I found that I had added brake responsiveness too, they grab a little harder right at the start. Unfortunately the black surface wears down to a polished chrome look like regular rotars do. I bought these ones off ebay came with brake pads and overall were the same price as buying OEM replacements from the local auto parts store.

I did a rotor upgrade to mine. Well I bought my 07 used and the rotars were shot so I did what any sensible person would do. Put the same amount of money into parts that fix the problem and make your vehicle look a little nicer.

Ā 

post-20411-0-34314400-1331248570_thumb.jpg

Ā 

As quite a nice surprise I found that I had added brake responsiveness too, they grab a little harder right at the start. Unfortunately the black surface wears down to a polished chrome look like regular rotars do. I bought these ones off ebay came with brake pads and overall were the same price as buying OEM replacements from the local auto parts store.

Ā 

Ā 

With your new cross drilled rotors, do see a faster build up of brake dust?

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the R1concepts cross drilled and slotted premium rotors with the posi quiet ceramic pads front and rear. So far no dust and they feel great. Braided lines would be nice but I'm good for meow... I'm happy with my purchase. Needed new rotors and pads anyways. Very easy to change too. Brembos would be very nice but I don't feel that they would be worthy purchase for the edge. Unless I had a rear wheel drive or all wheel drive with a turbo/supercharged v8 in it. Drool......

You do know how much a 'complete' set will run you?

Are you willing to spend that much?

Ā 

Has anyone purchased and installed the Brembo brake upgrade kit for the Edge? I'm thinking of going for it and getting them I just want to know if the kit will work with the stock wheels on the sport model.

Edited by JETZ

You do know how much a 'complete' set will run you?

Are you willing to spend that much?

Ā 

Ā 

Yes I do know how much they run, I have the PDF print out of the template to see if they will work with the stick wheels on the sport. I just haven't had time to get over to my best friends shop to throw it on the lift.

Reason I asked is that it's a lot of $$$ for brakes...for a truck/SUV...that you will never get back when you sell.

Ā 

On a sports car I could see it, as I have them.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes I do know how much they run, I have the PDF print out of the template to see if they will work with the stick wheels on the sport. I just haven't had time to get over to my best friends shop to throw it on the lift.

Reason I asked is that it's a lot of $$$ for brakes...for a truck/SUV...that you will never get back when you sell.

Ā 

On a sports car I could see it, as I have them.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes I know how much they cost, I usually always do some sort of mod to any car I have. I never see that money back but it's for my own enjoyment of when I have the car. My speaker and amps that I usually do in my cars are ridiculous!! My wife doesn't care as long as the check from work is for everything else and my overtime money is for me to play with.

I know what you mean! :happy feet:

Ā 

JETZcopyxd.jpg

Ā 

Yes I know how much they cost, I usually always do some sort of mod to any car I have. I never see that money back but it's for my own enjoyment of when I have the car. My speaker and amps that I usually do in my cars are ridiculous!! My wife doesn't care as long as the check from work is for everything else and my overtime money is for me to play with.

• 3 months later...