Smaller Key Fob for 2012 Edge?

Do they make a smaller key fob for the 2012 Edge? Even aftermarket? I have push button start. The 5 button key fob I have is just really big. And 99% of the time, I never push any buttons. I really just need a small fob that will let me in the doors and start the car. Does Ford or anybody else make such a thing? I really hate how big this key fob is when I don't even use the buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they make a smaller key fob for the 2012 Edge? Even aftermarket? I have push button start. The 5 button key fob I have is just really big. And 99% of the time, I never push any buttons. I really just need a small fob that will let me in the doors and start the car. Does Ford or anybody else make such a thing? I really hate how big this key fob is when I don't even use the buttons.

you talking about the IA key?

I have no idea. I don't know what an IA key is. I don't know if they make any other remote key fobs or not. I'm just asking if they do make such a thing. My key fob is way too big, especially since I never use any of the buttons. It just stays in my pocket. I'm just looking for a small key fob that I can put in my pocket that will let me open my trunk, let me in the door, and start the car with the push button, without pushing any buttons on the key fob. A zero-button key fob that would do all those things would be ideal. The smaller, the better.

I'm confused, so you want a key fob with no buttons but still have features such as unlock and lock, trunk open, and panic button? How do you want to activate them without buttons, I know you can unlock/lock via handle, but panic button? Telepathy?

He does have Intelligent Access so he doesn't need buttons, just to keep the keyfob in his pocket and he wants a smaller one without all the buttons.

nv4no-Medium.jpg

yeah I read that wrong, I read panic button and not push button. I think all he would need to do is disassemble it and try and find something smaller to put the chip in that talks to the car. But I would probably buy another cheap one off ebay and program it before I took apart the ones that came with the car.