Rear Cargo management system ?

Instead of two pieces of filler plastic around the spare tire which hold up the rear compartment floor, you get two pieces of plastic which are cut out to provide storage space underfloor for small items like toolkit or trailer hitch. It would be pretty handy to keep such items hidden & out of the way, but if you didn't order it, Ford wants $280 for it through the parts department. A HUGE rip-off for something that should be standard equipment.

Edited by BOBM

Edge is still on the 'short list' of replacements for our aging but reliable 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee... as time goes on, I'm realizing that these will be big shoes to fill!

The Jeep has several 'hook points' on the storage area-- 2 d-rings on each side, 4 anchor points in the floor, and lots of other good places to hook. When we travel with our dogs, they are very much appreciated to lash cargo safely to the side (leaving the center area open for dogs) in case of an avoidance maneuver, etc. I use 2 nylon webbed anchor straps and the occasional bungee cord to keep things in place. This, while it may seem like a little thing, is a huge convenience!

SO, if the 'cargo management' system is as described, the obvious question is this:

ARE there hook points in the Edge or MKX?

Little things make a huge difference. At this point, I'm going to have a hard time letting go of the Jeep!

Edge is still on the 'short list' of replacements for our aging but reliable 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee... as time goes on, I'm realizing that these will be big shoes to fill!

The Jeep has several 'hook points' on the storage area-- 2 d-rings on each side, 4 anchor points in the floor, and lots of other good places to hook. When we travel with our dogs, they are very much appreciated to lash cargo safely to the side (leaving the center area open for dogs) in case of an avoidance maneuver, etc. I use 2 nylon webbed anchor straps and the occasional bungee cord to keep things in place. This, while it may seem like a little thing, is a huge convenience!

SO, if the 'cargo management' system is as described, the obvious question is this:

ARE there hook points in the Edge or MKX?

Little things make a huge difference. At this point, I'm going to have a hard time letting go of the Jeep!

No hook points in our 2007 SEL+ (that I recall, anyway). You can, though, add a Cargo Logic organizer available through Ford Accessories. The Cargo Management system is really nothing more than a molded insert that goes around the spare tire, which is located below the cargo area floor. You can put some small items in the Cargo Management partitions, but nothing of any size.