Looking to buy

rileywells

Well.. im a happy Edge owner - 3 months and counting... I have encountered no difficulties...

Of course - some will say there is bad dash glare, or the brakes suck..

I say - no complaints here - read thru this forum - and then go test drive one.

The general consensus - we ALL love the way it drives and handles...the rest is driver preference...

Edgy Girl is right. Read through the forum to see what the actual owners are experiencing. Then, give the Edge a test drive. Some dealers even rent them out - I know Southgate Ford does here in MI. If you liked the test drive, rent one for a day or two and that should seal the deal :)

As for the glare, I didn't even notice it.

All I can say is we really like ours.

The issues I read about, glare, braking, poor lift gate handles - no problem with us. I actually find the brake real good. Only had one wholly s*^% stop so far and it was no problem. I have to admit the brake complaint was on my mind the first few days but once the brakes were broken in and I started to really drive it they actually work like a charm.

Only problem is the thing just rolls forever and does not like to cruise under 80 - doh!

We did allot of research before buying this one and I'm very glad we made the choice we did.

All I can say is we really like ours.

The issues I read about, glare, braking, poor lift gate handles - no problem with us. I actually find the brake real good. Only had one wholly s*^% stop so far and it was no problem. I have to admit the brake complaint was on my mind the first few days but once the brakes were broken in and I started to really drive it they actually work like a charm.

Only problem is the thing just rolls forever and does not like to cruise under 80 - doh!

We did allot of research before buying this one and I'm very glad we made the choice we did.

A big problem we're having with ours is the time wasted discussing our Edge (2 months + now) with admirers. Maybe we should put a sign in the window saying something like, "Don't Ask Us About Our Edge....Ask Your Ford Dealer"? :):)

Carbon with Camel Interior. Purchased 6/21/07. SEL Plus - everything except the NAV and the DVD.

Reflection/glare issues - I have driven with and without sunglasses and it isn't an issue. Yes, if I LOOK real hard for the reflection in the window, I can see it.

Brakes - Just hit 3000 miles this morning and I don't understand this one at all. No issues with the brakes.

Gas Mileage - I reset the MPG counter when I picked the car up. Aside from about 1K miles going to Florida and back, every mile (except for about 20) has been city driving. MPG counter says 17.3 MPG.

I reset it this morning because everyone says it improves after 3K.

Enterprise Rent-a-car (at least here in Memphis) has a couple of Edges for rent. I would get one for a weekend and drive the *#(@ out of it. See for yourself.

The only thing I would change on this car would be to be able to open and close the back hatch off the keyfob. I believe the 2008 will have the option of opening the hatch available (not sure if it will close though).

Every new car has problems. Little squeeks and creeks, and some issues that can be fixed with relatively no problem - and no cost since it is under warranty.

If you have read through the forum, you will see there has been a few major problems - all that have been fixed. But you will also so that a majority of us absolutely love our Edge.

You will too.