New Ford Edge RIde

Badger27

Just bought a 2012 Ford Edge SEL AWD Black with black leather interior, vista roof, 20" chrome wheels & ambient lighting. Former owner of a 2003 Ford Escape XLT. The Escape had served us well for the past 10 years, pulling campers, bikes and busting thru the snow of past Wisconsin winters. Test drove many vehicles these past weeks and it came down to the Nissan Murano, Subaru Outback and the Edge. Saw the new 2013 Ford Escape at the car show and liked the new design but after our initial test drive of the Edge I just loved the cockpit of the interior. Feel like Maverick from "Top Gun"...my wife wished I had his looks(and money)! The local Ford dealer was our final stop in the process and gave him the last look as this is our 9th Ford in the past 23 years so used that to our advantage in making the deal. Hope this EDGE serves us as well as that Escape did and takes us to 2022!

Badger, congrats on your new ride!! My MKX is black/black. I used CQuartz on my ride and highly recommend it. I do not sell it BTW. Edgieguy does, so you can contact him if you're interested. Here is a link to when I detailed my MKX after getting it and coating it with the CQ:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=971

I have the same user name on L2D as here. If you want to know about anything to do with detailing, L2D is your place. We are the only detailing forum not owned by a company or a website selling supplies. You'll get honest feedback to your questions. Opti Coat is another amazing nano coating product. There are youtube videos on both products you can check out. I have a few on my channel as well. The black colour is gorgeous when it's in the sun.

Out of curiosity, what pushed you to the Edge instead of the Murano? I ask because the Murano was on my finalist list, but I dropped it because of the very illogical packing groups which pushed the price up to get what I wanted. I can't remember all of them but the one that does come back to mind was that to get a heated passenger seat I had to go really upscale in other areas. The Edge Ltd on the other hand gave me what i wanted without the sun roof, nav system, etc

That's how things work with many of the foreign cars, you want one option, you have to spend thousands more and get things you don't want, just to get the one item that you do want. Happened to a buddy of mine with a Lexus RX350. There was 1 option that he wanted, but would have to spend thousands more for things he really didn't give a shit about, now the wife is a unhappy person because they do not have satellite radio.

That's how things work with many of the foreign cars, you want one option, you have to spend thousands more and get things you don't want, just to get the one item that you do want. Happened to a buddy of mine with a Lexus RX350. There was 1 option that he wanted, but would have to spend thousands more for things he really didn't give a shit about, now the wife is a unhappy person because they do not have satellite radio.

He obviously underestimated the true cost of that option package.......

• 2 weeks later...

Badger, congrats on your new ride!! My MKX is black/black. I used CQuartz on my ride and highly recommend it. I do not sell it BTW. Edgieguy does, so you can contact him if you're interested. Here is a link to when I detailed my MKX after getting it and coating it with the CQ:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=971

I have the same user name on L2D as here. If you want to know about anything to do with detailing, L2D is your place. We are the only detailing forum not owned by a company or a website selling supplies. You'll get honest feedback to your questions. Opti Coat is another amazing nano coating product. There are youtube videos on both products you can check out. I have a few on my channel as well. The black colour is gorgeous when it's in the sun.

Do you recommend CQuartz over Opti Coat? Is it OK to apply either on glass, front chrome grille and or the chrome on the wheels? I have read some even apply on the wheels themselves and the leather interior. I think because these products dry to a very hard film it might be a mistake to apply on elastic type surfaces. What say you?