22" Diablo Angel Rims

kixazz2529

Just wanted to share my experience in purchasing aftermarket rims/tires for my 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD.

I was back and forth between 22" and 24" and was happy to settle on the 22"...they look very good on the car.

As for tires, again back and forth between 265/35/22 and 265/40/22...I decided on the 265/40/22 as they are the stock sport rim's tire size and offer a little more sidewall although they cost a little more.

Also, key thing to note for 2011's, for the hubcentric ring the inner measurement should be 63.36mm. I originally purchased 70mm as one site had listed that as the size, that is incorrect and leaves too much of a gap.

Additionally, I purchased an H&R lowering kit however i was pretty surprised how the wheels and tires look on the edge with the stock springs and may actually end up not lowering it and selling or returning the H&R springs. If anyone is interested in lowering springs I will sell them before I return them to Tirerack if interested.

Pictures are below....I do not yet have the Black inserts installed but once they are up I will add some pictures.

Please let me know if you have any questions that I can hopefully help out with.

post-15767-0-70179300-1331695057_thumb.jpg

post-15767-0-95304800-1331695065_thumb.jpg

post-15767-0-92947100-1331695085_thumb.jpg

Edited by kixazz2529

I really like the size of the tires. Great choice! Did you upgrade from 18"ers? How does the ride feel now?

Thanks! I did upgrade from the 18" stock rims and kept them for the winter.

The ride really does not feel that bad at all. I think I've noticed it a bit more because of other peoples mentions of a little rougher ride but nothing at all that i can't get used to in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience in purchasing aftermarket rims/tires for my 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD.

I was back and forth between 22" and 24" and was happy to settle on the 22"...they look very good on the car.

As for tires, again back and forth between 265/35/22 and 265/40/22...I decided on the 265/40/22 as they are the stock sport rim's tire size and offer a little more sidewall although they cost a little more.

Also, key thing to note for 2011's, for the hubcentric ring the inner measurement should be 63.36mm. I originally purchased 70mm as one site had listed that as the size, that is incorrect and leaves too much of a gap.

Additionally, I purchased an H&R lowering kit however i was pretty surprised how the wheels and tires look on the edge with the stock springs and may actually end up not lowering it and selling or returning the H&R springs. If anyone is interested in lowering springs I will sell them before I return them to Tirerack if interested.

Pictures are below....I do not yet have the Black inserts installed but once they are up I will add some pictures.

Please let me know if you have any questions that I can hopefully help out with.

I am interested in the H&R lowering springs as long as they will fit an 07 Edge... I believe they will and am sure I have read before that 07-12 is the same lowering spring. What size is it?? 1.75 front and 1.5 rear?

• 4 weeks later...

I believe it all depends on the type of Tire and Rim package you go with. For instance, I used TSW wheels on my Edge, 22x9 along with the Yokohoma Parada Spec-X tires and I couldn't be happier. Coming from owning vehicles in the passed, lifted 10-12" and sitting on 38" tires, I know all about ride quality and how important it is. My Rims/Tires are so smooth I don't even hear them when rolling down the road.. And its smooth as Glass. MPG hasn't been effected much! Actually, I posted a pic on another forum of my Edge about three weeks ago on a road trip with my wife. Keep the cruise control on right at 70mph and averaged 23mpg.. Thats with 22's and a Cold air intake and the air set to non circulate and not on Max A/C. Pretty damn good for rolling 22's.