Fog lights on 2012 Edge?

mt2525

Just bought a new 2012 Edge Limited and was suprised to find no fog lights. After looking around online it seems there are no fog lights available on the newer Edges....2011-2013. Has anyone done a custom install of a aftermarket set? Looking at several universal sets but the design of the front of Edge leaves no place for them. Any thoughts ???

I think those are called "running lights" not fog lights...as there is no dedicated on/off switch.

Correct...if they were fog lights they would go off when you put on the brights. I tried and they stayed on. So....no fog lights on newer Edge.....weird for a $37,000 vehicle.

I've been thinking about adding Hella Micro DEs.

Ā 

I as well. Wonder if the black panel at the bottom of the grill would be a mounting option. I've got a limited, not a sport, so it may be different on the sport. Too many other projects on the home front right now though.

Those LED lights in the front are what FORD is considering fog lights, I was reading up on it and it might be a new direction on a lot of new vehichles. I have heard it is due to safety reasons, that people are driving at night with only fogs and not their headlights. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

• 1 month later...

Hey kc300c, I loved the fog (driving) led light installation. I just purchased my 2012 ford edge (platinum white) edge but my vehicle only has a black plastic covering where the lights normally go. Where did you purchase your lights and do you think they will fit my vehicle?