Halo/angel eyes and audi style less? edge sport

Dingo, glad you made us aware of our inadvertent hijacking attempt. We've pretty much talked about everything except for what Mike started the thread for........ What was it again? Hold on. Let me scroll back to the top.......... Oh yeah, "Halo/angel eyes and audi style….?"

Ok, here's my contribution to Mike's thread. I just received a brand new set of OEM vertical parking lights and installed the 8 LED Philips DRLs. However, this time I left the OEM light pipe in place and mounted the Philips DRL directly behind it. Holy crap, it looks frickin' awesome!!!! As Dingo mentioned to me, the Philips DRLs are designed for horizontal mounting. In the horizontal orientation the lens refracts the light along the length of the light bar, or side to side creating a wide beam angle that spreads the light across the road. Mounting the DRL vertically, the refracted beam spread is now throwing the light up and down with far less going side to side across the road. By leaving the OEM light pipe in place, I have created a secondary light refractor which now throws more light on a horizontal plane. I was amazed how bright the light beam remained as I walked from one side of the car to the other. The light pipe does diffuse the 8 individual LEDs a bit, but each light is still very pronounced and noticeable when lit (both bright & dimmed). Here is a video and slide show that I shot tonight after putting the upgraded light together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxX_E1-Tw8&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9rG148Jik

KC, is there a way the lights can be wired in so that the give off full brightness when the headlights are on and dimmed only when the park lights are on? I do primarily night driving so I need all the extra light I can get.

This has got to be one of the most derailed threads in history.

Did you hand paint the inside of the lens or taped off the LED's then spray painted it? As for your leg ouch!! I just had a surgery on my right hand last month to remove a metal plat and 3 screws that were in there for 11 years.

Here’s a short drive by video with both Philips DRLs installed. I have a longer more comprehensive video I’m working on and will post it as soon as I’m done editing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEbk8_I9kTE&feature=youtu.be

kc, I have a brand new airbrush kit, not a paach like Dingo's but it was top of the line from about 15 years ago. Like I said it's brand new and still in the box from when I used to be an artist. If you don't have an airbrush kit I'm willing to send that to you with the lights so you will be able to do my lights like Dingo's.

ill make a video just like this when my headlights are all done its going to take a little time because i just ordered a new intake and i want to put that in first so I'm thinking for sure the next week or week after ill drop my car of to get the inside of the headlight painted and have the LEDs and halos put in

ill make a video just like this when my headlights are all done its going to take a little time because i just ordered a new intake and i want to put that in first so I'm thinking for sure the next week or week after ill drop my car of to get the inside of the headlight painted and have the LEDs and halos put in

What brand of intake did you get?