"Service AdvanceTrac" on after dealership repair

Hello,

I had my 2011 Edge in to the dealership 2 weeks ago to perform the work described in "Bulletin 13N02" - ("Extended Warranty on Brake Booster on Ford Edge"), due to moderately severe issues with the brake pedal caused by a torn brake booster.

I got it back from them and the next day the "Service AdvanceTrac" warning came up on the instrument cluster. It only happens when the vehicle is idling for a bit.

I called the dealership back to report what was going on and they said "It is probably just a coincidence" and "We will take a look at it for $199, which will be applied to any repair."

Seriously? A new warning *related to the brake system* comes on the day after you complete work on the brakes, and you suggest that it is a coincidence...?

Anyway, does anyone know what the common causes of this issue are? Especially ones that could be caused by replacing the brake booster...

Thank you *very* much!

--mobrien118

Right, I'm trying to use the power of forum groups to aid in the diagnosis, which I will perform for less than $199 myself.

What I'm looking for is: what common causes of AdvanceTrac failure coincide with recently having work done on your brake system; Specifically, issues that would cause a warning to be displayed when the car is warmed up and only when recently parked.

I am hoping that some other people have had similar issues with the system and can point me in the right direction before I go digging. Unfortunately, as experienced of a "weekend warrior" I am, I have very little knowledge of how the AdvanceTrac system works.

Thanks,

--mobrien118

After a brake booster repair, the brakes are bead to remove air from the lines. When doing this there is a chance they broke or disconnected one of the wheel sensors. These detect wheel rotation and activate the traction control. This system will self diagnose a malfunction and give you a warning light if something is not right.

I have a bluetooth OBD-II scanner, but the code doesn't show up on the main register (at least not after it is not displayed, I haven't been able to catch it in the act, since this is my wife's car). It seems that the code is clearing out after the issue is cleared.

I remember back in the old days, before ODB-II there used to be multiple ports as different systems had separate computers. That wouldn't be the case here, would it?

Thanks!!

--mobrien118