Navigation removed after Sync2-V3.8 update

Its really simple what caused the issue...Ford opted to separate the non nav from nav updates as before they all got the nav update package. Problem is they have linked the wrong install package to some nav equipped vehicles. The download is done by VIN. So you update your nav equipped vehicle but the "wrong" update package doesn't have the NAV application thus you lose nav.

Hey Everyone!

Ā 

I certainly understand your frustrations regarding the navigation issue after the V3.8 update was installed. However, the good news is, it can be restored and working properly. It's important to state your thoughts and opinions regarding this issue since your time and concerns are very valuable to us. Please visit http://social.comand make your voice heard.

Ā 

Cara

When I click on your link it looks like it's being hijacked by a site called "Advertising Studio".

It's possible someone simply mislabeled a file or a file got corrupted.

Ā 

Its really simple what caused the issue...Ford opted to separate the non nav from nav updates as before they all got the nav update package. Problem is they have linked the wrong install package to some nav equipped vehicles.

Ā 

I will assume that the Ford rep meant http://social.ford.com

Ā 

When I click on your link it looks like it's being hijacked by a site called "Advertising Studio".

Ā 

Hi enigma-1,

Ā 

candurin is correct! The link to share your feedback is: Social.Ford.com

Ā 

I will assume that the Ford rep meant http://social.ford.com

Ā 

candurin,

Ā 

Nice catch! Thanks.

Ā 

Shaay

• 9 months later...

Im new to the Edge forum and have only had mine since October of last year . Its a 2011 SEL with the MyFord Touch Sync system, but in the right hand corner it says information . Theres a slot in the center console for an SD card too . Back in January we had taken it in to the Ford dealer to have brake booster recall repaired, and while they had it I asked them to please get the navigation turned on for me . After keeping our car for 8 days, they told me that they tried everything possible to restore the navigation . On the third day of them working on it i got a call from the mechanic saying he looked up our vehicle and said it never came with Nav from the factory, but since the car has all the key ingredients to run the navigation he kept trying . Do you guys think there is a way i can get this navigation working somehow? Thanks in advance

Im new to the Edge forum and have only had mine since October of last year . Its a 2011 SEL with the MyFord Touch Sync system, but in the right hand corner it says information . Theres a slot in the center console for an SD card too . Back in January we had taken it in to the Ford dealer to have brake booster recall repaired, and while they had it I asked them to please get the navigation turned on for me . After keeping our car for 8 days, they told me that they tried everything possible to restore the navigation . On the third day of them working on it i got a call from the mechanic saying he looked up our vehicle and said it never came with Nav from the factory, but since the car has all the key ingredients to run the navigation he kept trying . Do you guys think there is a way i can get this navigation working somehow? Thanks in advance

Ā 

Check this thread.

• 3 weeks later...