keyless entry keypad

1, After reading posting here I got fuse panle cover and see a set 5 digit numbers but I am not sure if they are the factory set 5 digit code?

2, each button on key pad has two numbers on them so if I have code 1,2,.....how can I enter those two numbers? Press first button twice?

Yes those is the factory code.

If your first number is EITHER a 1 or a 2, press the 1/2 button. If the second is either a 3 or a 4, press the 3/4 button. Etc.

A code of 164 is the same button pressed as 253. (I used three digits instead of five for simplicity).

Edited by enigma-2

Yes those is the factory code.

If your first number is EITHER a 1 or a 2, press the 1/2 button. If the second is either a 3 or a 4, press the 3/4 button. Etc.

A code of 164 is the same button pressed as 253. (I used three digits instead of five for simplicity).

Thanks for you guys quick replies. But if the code is 3,4 or 2,1 how should I enter those codes for example?

It does not matter. For sake of simplicity. Think of 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&0 as the same number.

If your code is 12345. You would press 1&2 twice, 3&4 twice and then 5&6.

The exact same pattern as if the code was 22445.

I'm not sure there is any other way anyone is going to be able to explain it. Pretty straight forward concept. Each set of numbers, counts as one button press regardless of which number you are hitting. You don't need to try and touch only the number you want just hit the entire button

If this doesn't make sense I'd suggest stopping by the dealer and having someone show you in person.

Edited by Tjm623

It does not matter. For sake of simplicity. Think of 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&0 as the same number.

If your code is 12345. You would press 1&2 twice, 3&4 twice and then 5&6.

The exact same pattern as if the code was 22445.

I'm not sure there is any other way anyone is going to be able to explain it. Pretty straight forward concept. Each set of numbers, counts as one button press regardless of which number you are hitting. You don't need to try and touch only the number you want just hit the entire button

If this doesn't make sense I'd suggest stopping by the dealer and having someone show you in person.

Thanks lot for your reply. If the numbers I see on cover are indeed the keypad codes how can I verify them?

Enter it on the keypad... Do your doors unlock? If so then it works.

Thanks for your kind reply. I tried the numbers I got from fuse panel cover and nothing happen. I also dont think the code will have 2,1 or 3,4 combination because press same buttons twice not making any sense.

Thanks for your kind reply. I tried the numbers I got from fuse panel cover and nothing happen. I also dont think the code will have 2,1 or 3,4 combination because press same buttons twice not making any sense.

There are only 5 buttons but instead of only using numbers 1-5 they decided to allow you to use all 10 digits (0-9) so you can create codes that are easy to remember like birthdays or other numbers. It doesn't matter if you're pressing the same button twice in a row, or 5 times in a row.

Even with only 5 nu,bears you could have a code of 11111. In this case 11111, 22222 and 12121 all equal 5 presses of the 1/2 button.

There are only 5 buttons but instead of only using numbers 1-5 they decided to allow you to use all 10 digits (0-9) so you can create codes that are easy to remember like birthdays or other numbers. It doesn't matter if you're pressing the same button twice in a row, or 5 times in a row.

Even with only 5 nu,bears you could have a code of 11111. In this case 11111, 22222 and 12121 all equal 5 presses of the 1/2 button.

Thanks again for guys replies. But the numbers I got from fuse panel not working for my door lock so what I can do?

Did you check in the glovebox for the card? Every Ford with a keypad comes with a credit-card sized card that has the original code on it. Should be in the package with the Owner's guide if you still have that.

Many thanks for your information. I did search glove box and nothing. I bought used one in 2013 and I dont think I can find it. I may go dealer to seek help.

I admittedly don't really use my keypad, by try using the 6 OEM digit code and then the 7/8 key and see if that unlocks the doors. Then press the 3/4 and 5/6 key simultaneously to lock them.

You have those combos completely backwards lol.

Your unlock code and then a press of 3/4 opens all the doors. And holding 7/8 and 9/0 together locks them all. Also, doesn't work on SUVs but 5/6 on a sedan would pop the trunk.