#21 pedro2u

pedro2u

New Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 113 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

I'm 6'2" and have been routinely banging  the top of my head for a few years.  But last week I hit my forehead!!  Game changer.  So I measured how high the liftgate was opening....68 1/2". 

Lift support pair was $29.34 on Amazon Prime for the same Monroe's MacT used.  An easy DIY job anyway, but made even easier by MacT's video (thanks MacT!). 

BTW, if your'e doing this by yourself, my liftgate surprised me and dropped as soon as I pooped off the top of the first support.   Wow, these things are shot!  And the liftgate is pretty heavy.  And puting the support on with one hand while trying to hold it up is not really an option.  So I suggest you grab something long handled (I used a the telescoping pole I wash windows with and adjusted it to the perfect length to prop it open - but just about anything 6' long will do).  A breeze to change by yourself after that

So new lift supports installed in less than 5 min.  Now opens to 72 1/2".  Now I'm back to like new - factory settings - just hitting the top of my head 

:banghead:

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users