07 Edge SEL Copper with HID Upgrade, finally photos for those who asked.

First of all, Happy Easter for those who celebrate it.

I was able to get a nice Sony digital camera, and here are the images from my Edge with the HID lights.

6a9f331c.jpg

632724d9.jpg

e85bd6a1.jpg

7b534486.jpg

4bd39c0a.jpg

022f0a25.jpg

I never got any message about having the wrong lights whatsoever. Night driving is awesome now. As a matter of fact, I was riding side to side with a Lincoln MKX as we looked like twins. Both my HID and the MKX were as bright as the other. My HID lights looks as equal as the factory MKX do. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have the MKX look with THE EDGE.

Just remember, when you order your HID kit, get the 6000k H11 kit + a pair of Relay Kit to make the HID work perfectly.

Enjoy.

<snip>

I never got any message about having the wrong lights whatsoever. Night driving is awesome now. As a matter of fact, I was riding side to side with a Lincoln MKX as we looked like twins. Both my HID and the MKX were as bright as the other. My HID lights looks as equal as the factory MKX do. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have the MKX look with THE EDGE.

Just remember, when you order your HID kit, get the 6000k H11 kit + a pair of Relay Kit to make the HID work perfectly.

Enjoy.

I'm not sure what this is.

The MKX lights turn in the direction of the wheels.

I think HID are super bright lights.

Is the 6000k H11 kit + relay Ford parts?

do you get flashed from other drivers for it being to bright?

how much did it all cost you with the relay kit? I may be lookin to do an upgrade for sure.

Also, why get a relay kit? i'm just wondering i don't know anything about HID kits. Thanks for the help. Looks great makes me want to buy!!

do you get flashed from other drivers for it being to bright?

how much did it all cost you with the relay kit? I may be lookin to do an upgrade for sure.

Also, why get a relay kit? i'm just wondering i don't know anything about HID kits. Thanks for the help. Looks great makes me want to buy!!

1. No flashes from other cars whatsoever that I have noticed.

2. I spent $200.00 for the Kit and Relays. (Normal price for the ones I got is $350.00) and purchased from craiglist.

3. Relay Kits are needed in some cars with AUTO LIGHTS, but not all of them. Edge needed them.

Hope this helps

HID - High Intensity Discharge

They are brighter partly because for the same power they produce a more blended light across the full light spectrum rather than just a yellow light like most headlights. They do look nicer and i can tell you they use less power for the same brightness - therefore for the same power they would be brighter. The beams can be focused quite narrow or on flood and that can make a big difference. For full vision flood would be good, but for distance narrow would be better. I dont have HID's on my Edge, however i do have one in my cave diving rig which is great for seeing the entire cave and a good distance too - the beam on that is focused on 6-degrees which might be a bit too tight for car uses!

As for people flashing, that would be due to the angle of the lights rather than the brightness - if you lights are dipped down towards the road they should be fine, however if they are pointed out like full beam lights then they will blind people.

• 3 months later...
I have NEVER owned a vehicle with auto lights and was wondering if you can retain the automatic features with the HIDS?????

I put HIDs on my Edge with no relay kit, and have seen no change in how my lights operate at all.

UPDATE: Actually, I installed some PIAA H/L Bulbs.....maybe not the same thing as "HID" bulbs???

Edited by snoshuu

I put HIDs on my Edge with no relay kit, and have seen no change in how my lights operate at all.

UPDATE: Actually, I installed some PIAA H/L Bulbs.....maybe not the same thing as "HID" bulbs???

UPDATE #2: The following is a description of the 'bulbs' I installed....definitely not HID, but as close as you can get according to the manufacturer....

"The blue top coat on these bulbs add a slight blue tint to the lamp while still providing outstanding performance. PIAA offers the 9000 Series Xtreme White Plus in four distinct types – 9004, 9005, 9006 and 9007. Manufactured to SAE recommended specifications and DOT compliant."

"60w = 120w, 4000K"

These bulb are way better than the OEM bulbs without the need for a HID ballast.

- Paul

• 2 months later...
1. No flashes from other cars whatsoever that I have noticed.

2. I spent $200.00 for the Kit and Relays. (Normal price for the ones I got is $350.00) and purchased from craiglist.

3. Relay Kits are needed in some cars with AUTO LIGHTS, but not all of them. Edge needed them.

Hope this helps

Here is a site that has the entire HID kit.... call for better pricing...

HID KING

Edited by Slurp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
UPDATE #2: The following is a description of the 'bulbs' I installed....definitely not HID, but as close as you can get according to the manufacturer....

"The blue top coat on these bulbs add a slight blue tint to the lamp while still providing outstanding performance. PIAA offers the 9000 Series Xtreme White Plus in four distinct types – 9004, 9005, 9006 and 9007. Manufactured to SAE recommended specifications and DOT compliant."

"60w = 120w, 4000K"

These bulb are way better than the OEM bulbs without the need for a HID ballast.

- Paul

The blue tint thing is about the biggest sales pitch there is.

It's marketted towards people that want their car to look like it came with expensive headlamps.

The blue coating on a non HID lamp actually reduces it's lumen output, and blue is one of the least visable colours in the spectrum. It also causes problems with glare towards oncoming drivers. They are also illegal in a lot of areas, not because they are too bright but because they are dangerous. You may think they are better, but you actually just spent a bunch of money and got poorer lamps.

HID lamps emit a blue color as a byproduct of igniting the gas in the lamp. The lamp technology provides a more intense output per watt, not the blue tint. It's not a lamp change. HID systems require a lamp and ballast kit and generally use completely different reflector design in the lamp housing itself. Basically, if you want HID lamps, but a vehicle that comes with them, or buy the complete lamp housing assembly. Anything else is just window dressing.

Edited by dave-m