2011 EDGE SEL blackout

Wife wanted the EDGE blacked out so I finally got around to it this weekend. Plastidip was the only thing used to coat the chrome bits and wheels.

Grille, badges, door handles, and wheels were "dipped"

Before:

7004098871_d9ba3ec2de_c.jpg

After:

7004109533_eb49d03955_c.jpg

Before:

6857988528_da0c474b81_c.jpg

After:

6857991512_409804939e_c.jpg

Before:

6857987278_d51355fe84_c.jpg

After:

7004104631_0e5ccd6496_c.jpg

Does anyone have one done with the top piece in the grille area and the headlights too?

• Like 1

Great job! Now do the chrome strip across the front of the hood and exhaust tips. Then get some transparent vinyl and lay it over the headlights and tails. I did it to my headlights and emblems if you wanna see how it looks. Pics in my profile. But ya, looks great! You will probably get some haters about the plasti dip but hey, it's totally removable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woo Ontarioian! Hehe.

I love blacking out the emblem, I never thought of that. Did you have to take out the emblem before doing it?

And where did you buy the back bumper protector?

The Edge looks great ! It's Unique and Edgy ;)

You really just called an Edge "edgy?"

I see people speaking of using the Scion bumper protector for Edges alot. Might I ask which Model scion this is? And why not just buy the bumper protector specific for the Edge? Whats the benefit to using the Scion?

The factory Ford one is a rubbery sticker that goes on top of the bumper. The one they're referring to is hard plastic and has a lip that goes over the top to the rear of the bumper.

I have the factory one, but I don't need it. I lift things out of the back instead of dragging them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I'm late to the game. Just got a 2011 Limited in the middle of June. Tried my hand at the back end of my edge for now. I need to go get a drill bit to take the headlights/headlight strip off and the grill so I don't have to worry about masking.

after

before

Edited by oiooioio