First Oil Change & CheckUP

szone

You don't drive it too much, do you???? I picked mine up on Feb.28th, and it just turned 12,500 miles.....The dealer offered to do the first oil change for free, but I'd rather do it myself....I only use Pure 1 Purolator filters (or Baldwin[or Wix in a pinch]) and the Motorcraft synthetic blend oil.....I used to be a faithful Fram user until I read this study that I'm posting a link to....defiantely worth reading....it will open your eyes.....

Engine Oil Filter Study

Well this particular member of www.fordedgeforum.com goes by the nickname or 'handle' SZone so I spose his Edge is fine and his Lube, Oil Change and Filter Replacement cost just a bit less that $40 US? I can also assume he had this service performed at a FORD (A US Based car manufacturer) dealer which goes by the name Galpin. One could also presume he purchased his vehicle at said automotive sales entity but that would be beyond my scope of expertise. Hence

all Clear for the SZone

One could also infer from his/her use of the term 'took', this person felt slighted by the fees paid for the aforementioned vehicle maintenance services. Please correct me if I am wrong......

Anyone curious on how I may have 'Sherlocked' my way into these hypotheses is welcome to come to my 'Fundamental Rules of Rudimentary Observation and How to Apply them in your Understanding of the Tawdry Web that is the Internet' Held every 6th Thursday of the month.

This month's class will further break down szone's driving and purchasing habits as well as the subjects overall diet standards and financial wherewithall. If time permits, we will then delve into our subjects political and religious acumen or lack thereof.

Edited by DJ Starr

Well this particular member of www.fordedgeforum.com goes by the nickname or 'handle' SZone so I spose his Edge is fine and his Lube, Oil Change and Filter Replacement cost just a bit less that $40 US? I can also assume he had this service performed at a FORD (A US Based car manufacturer) dealer which goes by the name Galpin. One could also presume he purchased his vehicle at said automotive sales entity but that would be beyond my scope of expertise. Hence

One could also infer from his/her use of the term 'took', this person felt slighted by the fees paid for the aforementioned vehicle maintenance services. Please correct me if I am wrong......

Anyone curious on how I may have 'Sherlocked' my way into these hypotheses is welcome to come to my 'Fundamental Rules of Rudimentary Observation and How to Apply them in your Understanding of the Tawdry Web that is the Internet' Held every 6th Thursday of the month.

This month's class will further break down szone's driving and purchasing habits as well as the subjects overall diet standards and financial wherewithall. If time permits, we will then delve into our subjects political and religious acumen or lack thereof.

I am definitely planning to attend the next FROFOAHTATIYUOTTWTITI (pronounded Fro-Titti for those whose non- Sherlockian minds) however, your very astute explaination did leave out one minor thing:

An explaination of the phrase - "all Clear"

My first thought is there was a termination of a Tsunami warning. However, reflecting on my days growing up in Southern California, I remember that Canoga Park wasn't a hot-bed for tsunamis. Since moving from there, I haven't seen the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore reporting "live from Canoga Park."

I can't help but wonder if his usage of "all Clear" is to mean that he received an "all clear" (A.O.K., Two Thumbs Up, excellent, great, fine, perfect, satisfactory, etc) from Galpin as to the actual oil-change-requirment as necessitated by the owner's manual.

Perhaps the next time he joins us here upon his activitation of the tawdry web that is the Internet, he could expound the true meaning behind the phrase, "all Clear."

...and we still don't know what an "all Clear for the SZone" is.

To quote my predecessor, Wazzat?

That is SZone's name for his loverly EDGE..

He named his Edge SZONE...

Mine's gonna be named, Carson!

I can say..."atta boy, Carson"

Yes, I know, usually cars are Females...right?

But, since I am a female, I want a male...

hehehehe

:lol:

Okay...back to work. Too much coffee today!!

:wacko:

That is SZone's name for his loverly EDGE..

He named his Edge SZONE...

Mine's gonna be named, Carson!

I can say..."atta boy, Carson"

Yes, I know, usually cars are Females...right?

But, since I am a female, I want a male...

hehehehe

:lol:

Okay...back to work. Too much coffee today!!

:wacko:

If you picked the name Carson after the Carson on Queer Eye for The Straight Guy then...

...you ready for it....

you still named it after a girl!!

HAHAHAHAHHAA LMAO....

I just kill myself sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

No, cars are not normally female. You will have to wait until the car trusts you before it will reveal it's gender. There are a few hints you may pick up on that may help you determine it's sex early. Normally cars that are male run more consistently. He will run the same today as he did yesterday and the day before. She will run like a bat out of hell yesterday and be a little pissy today. Normally, if caught on the right day, the female car will be a little quicker. This information may be found in it's entirety on my website, your cars sex and how to use that information most effectively, or ycsahtutime. The way to talk to different gender cars is important. The male car will take the occassional "you POS" and try a little harder for you, however to talk to the female that way will undoubtably result in plugged injectors and a serious decrease in your mpg figures. Thus endeth lesson number 1. LOL

No, cars are not normally female. You will have to wait until the car trusts you before it will reveal it's gender. There are a few hints you may pick up on that may help you determine it's sex early. Normally cars that are male run more consistently. He will run the same today as he did yesterday and the day before. She will run like a bat out of hell yesterday and be a little pissy today. Normally, if caught on the right day, the female car will be a little quicker. This information may be found in it's entirety on my website, your cars sex and how to use that information most effectively, or ycsahtutime. The way to talk to different gender cars is important. The male car will take the occassional "you POS" and try a little harder for you, however to talk to the female that way will undoubtably result in plugged injectors and a serious decrease in your mpg figures. Thus endeth lesson number 1. LOL

Geez! Kid....I'm hoping for your sake "That Raggedy Annie" dame don't grab you by the short and curly....I got into a battle with her over some comment and she still rides my case....I will say in her defense.....(Annie I'm being NICE)....."she don't talk on the cell phone while she is driving"............She has got to keep her fingers free for gestures, :censored: .....when and if, she saw me on the road....Sorry... "her road" ................. :doh: ..Sr..

Edited by edgesenior

:reading: California Kid: So you said - What? It begins with selection. You want a vehicle with breeding and certain refinements. You must pick it. A man will jump at the first thing that shows a tailpipe. To check for the gender of your vehicle, one need only look under the car. If there is a dribbling wet spot. Honey IT'S MALE. :reading: Further, in reference to, that Alzhiemer Patient: I am only letting you know you are still #1 with me. :stats: Annie

Raggedy Edge I meant no disespect and myself prefer vehicles of the female persuasion. They are more challenging but certainly worth the time. I would rather take that one wild eyed ride that a whole lot of almosts. Another good way to tell the sex of your vehicle is not as some have thought through the oil change, for all vehicles run better after a good oil change. But if the car runs better after a wash and wax! Male automobiles don't so much care how they look, but the females run even that much better. LOL

Raggedy Edge I meant no disespect and myself prefer vehicles of the female persuasion. They are more challenging but certainly worth the time. I would rather take that one wild eyed ride that a whole lot of almosts. Another good way to tell the sex of your vehicle is not as some have thought through the oil change, for all vehicles run better after a good oil change. But if the car runs better after a wash and wax! Male automobiles don't so much care how they look, but the females run even that much better. LOL

My car is a female.

How do I know this?

When I am ready to go, I slide into HER.

Good Hands: :reading: I've viewed your gallery. :shades: I'd say before you did too much "slippin in" you had to buy "her" quite a bit of jewelery. Yep! She is a striking beauty, :yup: that's for sure.

She is quite easy on the eye isn't she.

What is a little cash to give her some bling?

And as long as I take good care of her - pamper her - keep her "filled" ...

So true!!!

• 2 months later...