Emblem opinions?

Dingo

Keep in mind, that it's a white Edge with a black grille...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which would look better?

• Leave them alone
    • Black front emblem with white text and white rear emblem with black text
    • White front emblem with black text and black rear emblem with white text
    • Both emblems black with white text
    • Both emblems white with black text
    • Something else

I'd like to go emblem-less but those empty ovals would look kind of funny. I do recall a few years back seeing a rear panel with no emblem (whatever that piece is called) that replaced the stock panel with the emblem. Would give the rear a nice clean logo free appearance.

Edited by carbonedge+

I wanted to blk mine out but still wanted to see em. I bought some overlays but didn't like em cause I still had the chrome ring. I ended up taking my emblems off and using the transparent vinyl that I tinted my headlights with. Was very easy. But you will have to use a heat gun to get it on with no wrinkles. You may be able to see em in my pics.

Wx signs on the net has a ton of choices for covering up the emblems. I bought a three piece kit with a black background and rising silver colored flames. The kit came with an overlay for the front, back, and even the steering wheel emblems. Before the emblems I had people asking me who made the car and what kind it was. Now that happens just about every day. People have no idea what the Ford Edge Sport looks like. I was parked next to a 2007 model Edge at a gas station just this past week and the chick driving it asked me, "What kind of car is that?". I was thinking in my head....really?..wtf? You drive an Edge!!

Sorry, all that was off topic. So anyhow, check out webextremes.com ands see if there is anything you like. They do have many overlay emblems for our beautiful Edges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks great. Was it hard to get the Ford Sign out or did you leave it on and Paint over it.

I took the grille off to put HID's in and the hardest part was prying the sucker off the grille itself. Once thats off, i took the emblem, plastidipped it, put the sticker on, and clear coated it. The same with the back emblem as well. Its fun when you have a week off and have nothing to do.

Have you thought about black chrome? Black background with black chrome text or all black chrome would look good in my opinion. I am not a fan of substituting for the Ford logo, but I like the idea of updating it to apply to a vehicle nicely. Or...call me crazy, a black background with clear text illuminated with a white LED while lights are on (only not cheesy like the light up tow hitches, would need to look stock). Not sure if it could be done, just a thought.

Edited by DMatt

• 4 weeks later...

I got it from dmb graphics, they have them for 2011-2012 for explorer but the fit perfect on the edge the company is in the UK but they have many color ways to choose from now they even have some hot carbon fiber color ways

Hey there. Any close up pics of this from DMB? I'm thinking about them for my new Edge and Fusion

For the people that likes black, this people have this model:

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_3694wt_1163

They have different ones on their store. They are very well made. It is a piece of billet aluminum, heavy and seems to be durable. Anyways, I'm happy with the look and don't mind if it resembles a Subaru. Looks better than the FORD since it is too big and blue for my taste.

BTW, nothing to do with the people that sells these, just a happy customer.

Regards, Luis

Edited by lcajiga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...