engine missing on initial acceleration

jjv

took my 2009 edge out today and after for about 20 minutes the engine would miss when I let off the accelerator and again when I engaged. After initial miss engine performed normally on the highway but would always miss on and off the gas

• Like 1

I'd still get the codes read....my other vehicle was having an occasional misfire with no CEL. When I read codes I found an intermittent O2 sensor issue and also was logging the misfire blocks to see if it was a single cylinder or not. Software like this can be very useful in finding your issues.

I'd still get the codes read....my other vehicle was having an occasional misfire with no CEL. When I read codes I found an intermittent O2 sensor issue and also was logging the misfire blocks to see if it was a single cylinder or not. Software like this can be very useful in finding your issues.

it also stalls occasionally, rough idle, I have read on other fourms it may be a sensor on the throttle body.

Good advice .........If there are codes stored and you have a decent scanner you can pull Freeze frame data and see exactly what was going on at the time of the code setting. Its great tool to see the whole picture, its helped me diagnose many customers issues over the years

Edited by Loosecannon1

it also stalls occasionally, rough idle, I have read on other fourms it may be a sensor on the throttle body.

I played the "I think it is this" game with my last car. It to was an intermittent problem and after replacing relays, starter, ect I finally took it to the dealer to have it diagnosed. Turned out to be a short in a wire to the ECU. If you get no codes do yourself a favor and get it diagnosed by a professional. IMO you're risking your's and other's safety by driving your automobile in it's current state.

• 6 months later...

took my 2009 edge out today and after for about 20 minutes the engine would miss when I let off the accelerator and again when I engaged. After initial miss engine performed normally on the highway but would always miss on and off the gas

What ended up being your problem with the Edge? My wife was on her way to work today and she called me and is having the same issue. Just missing from a dead stop. She has a full tank of fresh gas and 64500 miles on her 08 - SEL Edge.

I was thinking of running down the gas and putting in some 93 octane and fuel injector cleaner unless the problem gets worse or she gets an engine light to appear...