Replacing stock subwoofer

Dingo, how good does yours sound? I assume better, but I'm skeptical since the box isn't wood, ported, or big... I've contemplated removing the whole stock sub, since I have my own, but without hearing a wooden box back there, which undoubtedly can't be ported due to space, I wouldn't go with anything short of sealed boxes under the floor, but that's just me. I have a 15" in a 4 cu.ft. box ported to 30 hz... obviously we had different goals.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm... I wouldn't put it past a lot of the guys on SSA's audio forum. I've been contemplating eights under the floor just to occupy my time. If I end up keeping the stock sub this summer, I think I'll try making the box out of wood. I really need to spend some time EQing, though.

Ā 

Haven't seen such small subs before, so find it fascinating. I wonder if the sensitivity is low here due to the size or the design? You'd almost be forced to run a solid state amp to meet the power requirements on budget, at least in home audio.

Ā 

Cool beans! Look forward to hearing more details :)

These are the ones I'm considering: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-909

Ā 

I'll be using an abacus...

Ā 

I spent 13 years as an engineer. I'm sure I can figure it out.

Ooohh...I love PE...all my home audio speakers came from there; I have 2 separate systems of mostly Dayton audio drivers...My favorite is my sub table with a ported 12 that is sooo stealthy...or no wait, maybe it's my 2 15s for the low end of my home theater...I've spent way too much money there...even experimented with a couple micro systems using the ND65 and built a battery powered bluetooth connected amp to push them, very portable and decent sound for it's size...but I digress

Ā 

That will be an interesting build you have planned!