2013 Edge SEL

bradiop

I took delivery of 2013 Edge SEL, AWD about 3 weeks ago. Edge has Navigation, ford Synch, towing, etc.

I really like the vehicle. The Nav system is superb, been using a Garmin and this is much better. Synch works very quick and after some time find it fairly easy to use.

Drives great, rides great.

Good car.

brad

I am loving my 2012 leftover Edge Limited that I took delivery of about 2 weeks ago. I traded it on a 2010 Acura MDX and have never been happier. To be honest, I wish I would have taken a closer look at the Edge when I was shopping for my Acura two years ago... The ride is much smoother, the tech is better, and it has all of the power of the MDX without the need for premium fuel. Also, fuel mileage is markedly better than the Acura. The only area I'd say that the Acura beat my Edge is in the stereo system (and that is a very important component in my overall car experience), but it only slightly edges it out, so I'm still very satisfied with it.

Also, the voice recognition software is MUCH better than anything I've ever used before. So much so that I actually use it on a regular basis for everything from making calls, to playing songs, to entering navigation destinations on the fly (VERY impressive).

srs148, you'd be amazed at the audio difference that a simple speaker swap can make on an Edge.

I thought about that and think I'm mostly happy with the sound of the factory system. If anything, I feel like the sub could use a little more presence (i'm sure if it were bigger and constructed of a slightly better cone, it would kick pretty well).

Have you modified your factory system and, if so, about how much time did you put into it and what was the level of effort / skill required? Also, what brand speakers did you replace the stock tweeters / woofers with?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost 2 weeks into ownership and thus far I continue to enjoy it. My only (minor) complaint is the gas mileage... I currently only average ~20.5mpg highway. I know alot of that has to do with the way I drive it but I honestly expected slightly better numbers... Oh well its not a deal breaker!

Almost 2 weeks into ownership and thus far I continue to enjoy it. My only (minor) complaint is the gas mileage... I currently only average ~20.5mpg highway. I know alot of that has to do with the way I drive it but I honestly expected slightly better numbers... Oh well its not a deal breaker!

From what my dealer told me, and I hope it's not a lie to complete the sale with me,

He said it usually takes 3-4,000 km's for the car to 'break in' and you'll get the best mileage starting at the 8-10,000 km mark.

• 3 months later...

From what my dealer told me, and I hope it's not a lie to complete the sale with me,

He said it usually takes 3-4,000 km's for the car to 'break in' and you'll get the best mileage starting at the 8-10,000 km mark.

Yep I read in the owners manual not to really pay attention to the gas mileage until about 1000 miles