In the mean time -- Rentals

Cellbine

So our Edge is at the dealer for the next 2 days getting her new front bumper installed and I got the Audi A3 for a rental. I chose this car because I really wanted to drive an Audi and USAA had a $75 limit per day. I have always loved how Audi's looked, escpecially their DRLS. But I gotta say, the ride isnt all there on this rental. It's got good power and great handling, but the ride isnt that smooth. Ok, Ok, maybe I'm spoiled by our Limited Edge, but we bought it for comfort. I really miss her right now. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

A few weeks back, I had to bring our Edge so the dealer could start preparing the parts and I got a BMW X1 as a rental. Dear God. I never want to step foot in that car again. Its like driving a big nose. I think the car looks hideous and it felt really cramped inside. I posted some pics of the cars in the colors the rental comp. gave me.

Have you guys ever got a rental thinking it was going to be great, but after driving it you realized it wasnt? I'm pretty disappointed in the Audi. Although I'm sure an A6 feels much different. No offense to those who own either of these two cars. :angel:

post-20945-0-54036400-1335269770_thumb.jpg

post-20945-0-82133300-1335270450_thumb.jpg

While my front grille is being repainted the dealer gave me a 2011 Escape XLT. Compared to the Edge Sport this thing has nothing. Even compared to my 2005 Mercury Mariner I had back in the day it didn't feel the same. I know it was probably a base used model but it just doesn't feel nice at all.

Edited by c_bova

While my front grille is being repainted the dealer gave me a 2011 Escape XLT. Compared to the Edge Sport this thing has nothing. Even compared to my 2005 Mercury Mariner I had back in the day it didn't feel the same. I know it was probably a base used model but it just doesn't feel nice at all.

My wife has a 2011 Escape Limited, and she loves it. I think it drives like a tall go cart on a tiny truck frame. No thanks.

I got a loaner Freestyle since our Edge is in for service. Not very inspiring vehicle to drive and I can't say I like the CVT at all. Just seems so strange to not shift, at first I thought something was wrong since it just held 3k rpm but then I realized I was accelerating. Was also surprised that the mpg was not vey good either...when they handed it over to me it was averaging 11.6, I reset it, drove like a grandma and only got 18. But I will say the multimedia interface is so much better than MFT. Sure it doesn't look as slick or have as nice graphics but it responds instantly to touch input, no need to push the screen and the nav never lost position. Just not sure how Ford could have gone from something that was very functional to the MFT and thought it was OK.

They sell Freestyles in the states? I thought that was a european ford.

Driving the audi for 2 days, I have hardly used any gas. Ticker is still sitting at full after about 50 miles or so. The engine is diesel and got me thinking. What do you guys think of a diesel Edge? Do you think it would catch on or even have a market?

Just got mine back too and yes it is a much nicer ride than that Freestyle. They actually did a bunch of the work I requested which is a change but they still won't do anything with the MFT. As much as we like the Edge I think we may have to pursue a lemon law to get out. I can't take the chance the wife and little man driving around without heat again this winter.