Trailer Hitch

Any hacking of the rear bumper needed? I want to put bikes on my edge, not in my edge.

I don't think any of the aftermarket hitches require cutting of the bumper but I believe teh factory one does. If you check out a site like etrailer they often have the installation instructions and sometimes videos of the installations so you can get a better idea of what is involved.

Does anyone have a picture of a nice looking trailer hitch mounted up on a 2011 or up Edge Sport? I would like to see some pics before I decode to do it. Thanks to all my peeps!

I installed a Curt hitch a couple of weekends ago on my 2012 Sport. I did quite a bit of research and found that Curt manufactured a hitch for the 2011 and up "Sport". Draw-Tite specifically said that their hitch is for "all Edge models, except the Sport". I did the install myself without much trouble at all. I think it looks pretty clean. I had to trim the bottom fascia a tad, however, I didn't have to cut the piece completely out. It's kind of hard to explain, but you might be able to see what I'm talking about in photo1, photo4 & photo5. I would also suggest purchasing the wiring kit that is made specifically for the Sport. It has a module on it for the LED taillights. It was pretty easy to install as well. The toughest part of the wiring was running the wire from the battery to the back of the vehicle. I wanted to make sure it was all tucked away neatly in the frame, but even that wasn't too difficult, just a little time consuming.

post-20851-0-76363800-1336139304_thumb.jpg

post-20851-0-01243900-1336139341_thumb.jpg

post-20851-0-34785000-1336139415_thumb.jpg

post-20851-0-86600800-1336139457_thumb.jpg

Edited by raider396

• 2 weeks later...