New Headrests adjusting forwards and back fits 2011 Model?

I have a 2011 Limited and had looked into this a couple of times over the past 6 mo. with no success. The dealerships keep asking me for the VIN# of an Edge with the tilt adjustable headrests. They don't seem to have a part number of a headrest for the 2012s that are different from the 2011s, so they can't order a 2012 version for me. PLEASE, follow up with a post if you have success in ordering the tilt adjustable headrests.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in at my dealership and had to wait a bit so I stopped by the parts department to see if I could get any new info. on the tilt adjustable headrests. To my surprise, the guy found part #BT4Z*78611A08*BH and special ordered two for me. They're supposed to be coming in a week, so I'll post back to let you know how they work-out. $182/headrest. Ouch.

The part# listed above is incorrect! The parts department ordered the stationary version, not the tilt adjustable version.

Edited by martunes

Martunes, was the $182 for the pair? Tasca seems to have them for $100ish each.

http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/2012/FORD/EDGE/LIMITED/?siteid=213668&vehicleid=1501925&section=BODY%20HARDWARE&group=SEATS%20%26%20TRACKS&subgroup=&component=&searchText=&startRow=11&maxRow=10

Do the head rests just pop off?

Spiff

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Received my parts yesterday. It fits perfectly

Here are the part#s:

CT4Z78611A08A Headrest Mechanism less Cover (The box says " Made in Canada")

CT4Z74610A62EB Cover Only (Made in Mexico)

As they are made in two different countries, they can't be ordered with the two pieces coming in assembled?? That's what I figured.

Yeah, you just need to put them together one your own.

• Like 1

I have a 2012 and want to switch the headrest backwards, so they tilt backwards. I am 6'5" and it hits me wrong. I cannot get them to come out.

You don't have the adjustable style? With mine there is a detent button on each side. One sticks out, the other is flush. You need to press both and pull up.

I have a 2012 and want to switch the headrest backwards, so they tilt backwards. I am 6'5" and it hits me wrong. I cannot get them to come out.

If you look at the base of the headrest pole opposite the height adjust button, you will see a little hole in the plastic base. Stick a small Allen wrench in there (you just need it to push a hidden "button", not actually unscrew anything) and then you can remove the headrest. There was a post around here somewhere with photos of this procedure.

If you look at the base of the headrest pole opposite the height adjust button, you will see a little hole in the plastic base. Stick a small Allen wrench in there (you just need it to push a hidden "button", not actually unscrew anything) and then you can remove the headrest. There was a post around here somewhere with photos of this procedure.

I was at a dealer and the accessory person was clear that due to liability and that those were not the original head rests, she could not tell me that it is something I should do. She danced aroud the topic and was not jumping at the chance to take one off of a newer Edge and try it on my 11. For $400 a pair, wife and I passed. Also what would the implications be if we were in an accident and one of us was hurt and the head rests were involved?