New Headrests adjusting forwards and back fits 2011 Model?

I was at a dealer and the accessory person was clear that due to liability and that those were not the original head rests, she could not tell me that it is something I should do. She danced aroud the topic and was not jumping at the chance to take one off of a newer Edge and try it on my 11. For $400 a pair, wife and I passed. Also what would the implications be if we were in an accident and one of us was hurt and the head rests were involved?

Due to dealership concerns over the possibility of a lawsuit, the parts department clerk probably can't advise you on whether or not you should change your own oil. They can just tell you the correct filter and oil for your model of vehicle, as per the book. You have to understand that constraint and just make your own decision. If you asked the clerk 'is this headrest safe to use in my vehicle', they would probably backpeddle away from answering that unless they had a formal Ford document that said it was an authorized replacement part. (I would strongly suspect that it is.)

In my case I happen to have gotten lucky and have the new headrests. If I didn't, I'd be looking at the $400 price tag as you have and pondering whether or not the existing headrests were really causing me $400 worth of aggrevation. Probably not. If I were more youthful and wore my hat with the brim on the back of my head, it probably would be worth it.

• 7 months later...

I'm fortunate that my wife was satisfied by having sales rep rotate the non-adjustable passenger headrest 180 degrees, causing original forward-raked surface of headrest to now face rearward.

Until now, I didn't realize how much money the sales rep's actions actually saved me.

Good luck!

post-23702-0-19478900-1357736000_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also upgraded to the new headrests- they do work great and completely fix the issue of the 2011 headrests. It is an expensive upgrade though, particularly for something Ford should have done right in the first place.

I'm selling my old 2011 headrests (in as new condition) on ebay. These would be perfect for someone who wants to try re-upolstering or other modifications to get a more comfortable headrest, but don't want to sacrifice their stock headrests.

Medium light stone leather,

$29.99 + shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330861287633?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 1 month later...

I hope you are more satisfied with your new adjustable headrest than I am. I have a 2013 with adjustable headrests and in my opinion even in their most backward position they are too close to your head for comfort. I am 5' 10". The top part of the headrest pivots back but the bottom part of the headrest remains positioned several inches in front of seatback. A poor desiign, at least for me.