Any Mechanical Issues yet

brucesmays

When i got my Edge on July 13, 2007, it had 600 miles on it as it was a dealer trade. Now it only has 1,400 miles on it. I keep smelling coolant when i walk in front of the car after parking it in the garage. so today, i finally opened the hood. (What a nice engine area.) The coolant resevior is half way between the marks on it. But there is a wet film all over the engine area, it is watery with a little oil of some type. The car has not overheated, but i am going to call the dealer Monday about it.

Aug72007004.jpg

When i got my Edge on July 13, 2007, it had 600 miles on it as it was a dealer trade. Now it only has 1,400 miles on it. I keep smelling coolant when i walk in front of the car after parking it in the garage. so today, i finally opened the hood. (What a nice engine area.) The coolant resevior is half way between the marks on it. But there is a wet film all over the engine area, it is watery with a little oil of some type. The car has not overheated, but i am going to call the dealer Monday about it.

Aug72007004.jpg

We picked up our Edge at the end of May. Mechanically, it's been trouble free. The only thing we're going to get serviced is the rear driver's side window gasket has a section in it that's bent behind the window instead of in front of it.

We've not noticed any mechanical problems thus far....we have around 3,500 miles on our Edge.

Aug72007004.jpg

I think you may have a gasket thats leaking around where the cooling fluid circulates. I am sure it will be warranty