My Key Programming

I set this up as a joke on my wife's keys. You need to go in with the key you want to use as the MyKey and turn on the ignition (i don't think you need to actually start the car). Go to setting and select MyKey, and then Select create My Key. A little status thingy will show up. Then set the all draconian restrictions on your Edge.

I can't wait to do this in 15 years when my son can drive. But I'll probably find him a beat up stick shift truck instead.

Thanks much! I think I have tried all of that but maybe I'm missing a step. I swear it seems like there is a place you are supposed to put that key fob or slot like my wife has in her Infiniti. I will follow your instructions and give it a try.

My boy is just now 17 and has been driving for a year. We are all going down to a beach vacation in the Edge and he is bringing a friend; and I might let them go somewhere while my wife and I are attending a function. I know my son and he needs restrictions because he thinks he is a bulletproof RacerX. I will feel better knowing he can't do certain things. Punk kid!

Thanks again for the info.

I knew there was a effin key slot. Thanks coyote! I'm wondering how someone was able to program a key without the slot...just curious.

And for the Dodge K car post....i got and restored a 1995 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5L engine for my son. It has larger than standard tires and the quarter mile time should be timed in minutes and not seconds ;)

No worries on RacerX speeding in that thing.

Ahhh yes then Yoda. Have I do Intelligent Access! I found that damn key slot. I swear I went thru that stupid owners manual up and down and never found it spelled out clearly in there. Maybe my reading skills are slacking...who knows. I walked out to the Edge and programmed the second key as a my key. I can't wait until my wife borrows the Ford. She's gunna be pissed and I going to be laughing all damn day! Lol

I swear I went thru that stupid owners manual up and down and never found it spelled out clearly in there. Maybe my reading skills are slacking...who knows.

Page 116:

Create a MyKey

To program MyKey on one of the keys programmed to the vehicle,

insert the key that you want to make a MyKey into the ignition. For

vehicles equipped with push button start, put the intelligent access key

in the backup slot with brand logo facing up; refer to Starting in the

Driving chapter for the location of the backup slot.