New member, potential owner, considering my options.

Howdy, y'all! I've been creeping the forum a little recently, and decided I needed to make a presence. After a lot of thought, research, and flip-flopping, I decided I wanted to purchase an Edge. :woohoo: I'll be going to school in the fall and the little brother will need my current, hand-me-down to practice driving and eventually use for himself. I've gotten two deals worked out with two dealers for different Edges, and thought it'd be smart to run it by a community of owners. :worship: Here's my options:

http://www.germainford.com/vehicle-details/2008-ford-edge-sel-columbus-oh-id-2933057

The dealer wouldn't budge on the price, but I did get him to throw in installing reverse sensors. :headspin: Tomorrow, I may try to get $19k flat, with the sensors and floor mats. There is a foot-long mustard-color stain on the second-row's floor. I'm not too huge on the interior color, nor the wheels, but the blue is pure sex. Only scratch on the thing is on the back bumper as if someone lifted something out of the trunk and scraped the key. No biggie. After all the fees and taxes, it will come to ~$19,050. Oh, and this one come with a 3 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

http://jimkeimford.com/Columbus/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Edge/2007-SEL-Copper-Car/9672042/

This salesman was the most down to earth guy. He was great. Talked him down to $16,300, and after fees and taxes, it ends up being ~$17,700. I don't like the color as much, but the black interior is nice. The chrome wheels look real nice, but there are a few more dings on this than the blue '08. This Edge does not come with a warranty.

Currently, I'm leaning toward the blue '08. Good deal?

Right on. Actually, my dad owns a 2010 Taurus and got t-boned at ~40 miles an hour. Car took it like a champ. Doors still worked, no interior damage, minor scratches on the wheels, and just a few huge dents to the exterior of the door. No airbags. I don't know that the "minor collision" would be that big of a deal to me. I'll definitely look into it, though, thanks!

The blue iws my favorite, and a year newer. I would have them try and get the mustard stain out. If not, you can get fabric/carpet spray paint and try and cover it over............the shit works. Yesterday, my wife went for chlorine for the pool, forgot to put old towels in her trunk, and "bleached out" the custom plush carpeted trunk mat in her MKS. The containers must have had chlorine on the bottoms. Went to Pep Boys auto store, got the spray in dark charcoal, and it worked wonders. Almost a perfect match, and saved us from divorce court. :kiss:

The blue iws my favorite, and a year newer. I would have them try and get the mustard stain out. If not, you can get fabric/carpet spray paint and try and cover it over............the shit works. Yesterday, my wife went for chlorine for the pool, forgot to put old towels in her trunk, and "bleached out" the custom plush carpeted trunk mat in her MKS. The containers must have had chlorine on the bottoms. Went to Pep Boys auto store, got the spray in dark charcoal, and it worked wonders. Almost a perfect match, and saved us from divorce court. :kiss:

Because a can of spray paint is cheaper than counseling LOL. Well, if it comes to be a bother than I definitely will, but I'd like to get WeatherTech's digitally-fit floor liners, in which case I'd never notice it. I ended up getting the '08 for $19k flat. Rear sensors are going in today and I pick it up tonight!

Congrat's on yur purchase, I'm sure that you will love it. WeatherTechs's are a great idea, but you might want to try a can of the carpet spray, I don't think that I paid more than 7-8 bucks. If you access to a steam machine, steam gets out lots of stains.

Enjoy your new ride, and keep us posted on it.

Joe