Dead battery

navaidstech

Hey guys... I'm going to be troubleshooting this problem this weekend but I'm wondering if anyone can provide some heads up to save me time.

Basically what happens is that the car won't start due to a dead battery. I was just about to run out and buy a replacement (expensive suckers!) but decided to see if the alternator was fine. In the end I discovered that the car draws about 2 A of current when off (keys out of the ignition, etc...).

I'm sure this is not normal. Has anyone come across this? If so, what did you find?

thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hello navaidtech!!!!!!IM haven the same problem with my 2007 ford edge,i was hearing some music while washing it and battery went completey dead,i gave a jump start and it started right up but then went dead like ten minutes later,now it doesnt wont start even after i put the charger on it for about an hour,took it to get check and they said it was the battery but there alternator machine checker wasn't working. so i might try again to get both of them check before i buy a battery and they tell me my alternator is bad and i waste on a battery, but hope it everything comes good with yours.