New Edge Owner

sranger

Picked up a new Edge Yesterday. It is a black gelcoat AWD SEL + with Tan Leather. It is fairly loaded with NAV, Vista Roof and the towing package. My path to the Edge is fairly unusual.

I narrowed my list to the Edge, Mazda CX-9, and the BMW X3. The X3 was nice, but not worth the money.

I chose the CX-9 over the Edge because it handles a little better and has better braking and a little more room.

Back on memorial Day, I purchased a 2007 Mazda Grand Touring AWD loade with most options. Unfortunately, after a few days of driving I began to notice that my rear end and hips were getting quite sore. It turned out the the Mazda seats were the most uncomfortable that I had ever experianced. I am 6'-4" and about 230lb. I guess I was simply too big for the CX-9 seats. I tried to get some help from Mazda and or the dealer. All I got was a polite but official screw you...

I found an upholstry shop that could re-shape the foam in the seats and rebuild the leather seat covers to be comfortable and attractive. However, this was not going to be cheap. I was going to have to spend a few thousand to corrct the problem. I saw a Edge listed on the web from a local dealer. It was a demo with 800 miles on it. It has a few dings and scratches that the dealer is going to fix. They made me a really good deal on the trade. The trade cost me about the same as what it would have cost to repare the interior in the CX-9. They even gave me a 4 year 75,000 Ford Extended warrante for a bargan basment price...

So, I decide to take the dealer up on his offer. I have been very happy over the last two days. I love the vista roof and the sound system is great. The nav system is better than the one in the CX-9. The trip computer is nice ( not avaliable in the CX-9 ). I like the lights ON feature when the wipres are on. However, most of all the seats are very comfortable. I drive 4-6hr per day and the Mazda was nearly intolerable. I had to use a cushin to tolerate driving it.

My previous two vehicles ( other than the CX-9 ) were a 2000 Ford F150 and a 2005 Mercury Mariner. So, I guess I am a Ford guy for good now...

Picked up a new Edge Yesterday. It is a black gelcoat AWD SEL + with Tan Leather. It is fairly loaded with NAV, Vista Roof and the towing package. My path to the Edge is fairly unusual.

I narrowed my list to the Edge, Mazda CX-9, and the BMW X3. The X3 was nice, but not worth the money.

I chose the CX-9 over the Edge because it handles a little better and has better braking and a little more room.

Back on memorial Day, I purchased a 2007 Mazda Grand Touring AWD loade with most options. Unfortunately, after a few days of driving I began to notice that my rear end and hips were getting quite sore. It turned out the the Mazda seats were the most uncomfortable that I had ever experianced. I am 6'-4" and about 230lb. I guess I was simply too big for the CX-9 seats. I tried to get some help from Mazda and or the dealer. All I got was a polite but official screw you...

I found an upholstry shop that could re-shape the foam in the seats and rebuild the leather seat covers to be comfortable and attractive. However, this was not going to be cheap. I was going to have to spend a few thousand to corrct the problem. I saw a Edge listed on the web from a local dealer. It was a demo with 800 miles on it. It has a few dings and scratches that the dealer is going to fix. They made me a really good deal on the trade. The trade cost me about the same as what it would have cost to repare the interior in the CX-9. They even gave me a 4 year 75,000 Ford Extended warrante for a bargan basment price...

So, I decide to take the dealer up on his offer. I have been very happy over the last two days. I love the vista roof and the sound system is great. The nav system is better than the one in the CX-9. The trip computer is nice ( not avaliable in the CX-9 ). I like the lights ON feature when the wipres are on. However, most of all the seats are very comfortable. I drive 4-6hr per day and the Mazda was nearly intolerable. I had to use a cushin to tolerate driving it.

My previous two vehicles ( other than the CX-9 ) were a 2000 Ford F150 and a 2005 Mercury Mariner. So, I guess I am a Ford guy for good now...

Somehow I knew I would meet you here...welcome and good luck on your EDGE,maybe you could be the reason that I finally decide to go the EDGE route rather than the CX 9...this will happen,God's help, towards the end of the 2007...so i will be dealing with a 2008....and you were right foe a few thousands (about $7k) the EDGE Limited will be a better deal than a CX 9GT loaded...again enjoy it in the best of health..

Congrats my Edge Friend!

Let us know how you are liking it~

:happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

I remeber you from the MAZDA247 forum, its funny how you bashed the EDGE not to long ago about the horrible brakes and that you would never buy one because of it, but now you have one?????? :reading:

Not so strange your path to EDGE.. I am a big guy too, and old to boot.. I traded a good ride for the Edge in February, because of the seats.. I go far and often and the Edge works well for me. I got 24K on it and only find a few "wish they had" items.. If the builders work on "nuts and bolts" and not worry about pretty body panels.. They could be evloving into the next "Real Deal"......Enjoy your ride................Sr.. :shift::shift: